The De Rune Legacy Pt II

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

Robert, Amicia and (Y/n) explore the forest grounds. Bounding together in the forest as we watch Amicia takes the Knight's Challenge and her attempts to bring home a boar for a king's feast. But tragedy occurs as the unknown attacks the family hunting dog. Leaving the three on edge as they make their way back to the estate.

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

Chapter Two: The De Rune Legacy: Pt II

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

The sounds never left my ears.

The sound of broken bones against stone, a wave of dirt scrapped from its core. I rode back with Amicia beside me, riding her horse with a face full of sorrow. 

"(Y/n), do you know what that was?" Robert asked me. I shook my head. "It's new to me, sorry"

We've arrived back at the gates of the estate, and the sounds of the workers doing their tasks let my ears rest for now.

Robert and Amicia dismount from their horses, heading back inside the estate.

"I shall organise a hunt. Go and find your mother - tell her I must speak with her. She's probably..." Robert instructed his daughter. "You too, (Y/n)" he points to me. I dismount my horse, brushing the hairs with my hand. 

"Will do" I acknowledged his order.

"... looking after Hugo. Yes, of course." Amicia finished her father's sentence. I sighed at her answer. 

She barely knew the child and her own mother. I don't blame her if she disliked Hugo for taking all of their mother's time.

"Amicia..." Robert looked at Amicia in grief. "He was a good dog." 

Amicia closed her eyes in sorrow, in silence. I walked behind her and pat her back. 

"I'm sorry about Lion" I turned my gaze to her. She looked into my eyes and smiled softly. "He was a good hunting dog," she said.

We both start making our way to the estate, workers chatting away about what's happening in the outside world. I ignored their conversation, trying to listen in to find Dominic.

"Where's Dominic?" I asked myself, not hearing his footsteps.

"Now why would the English go and bite people?"