𝟬𝟬𝟮 - 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗕 '𝗡 𝗚𝗢

-🛹-

The school day ended normally, class finished, grabbed stuff from my locker, left.

Although, i did have to meet the jock, whose name i learnt was billy, after school at grab 'n go, usually if anyone asked me i'd say no, but that fucking smile - also, its better than being at home.

I grabbed my skateboard from where it leant where the bike rack was, and was about to go before billy caught up with me.

"I figured it'd be better if we just went together from here, if thats alright?.." he asked, looking over at me.

"Yeah, its fine, better than being at home," i replied.

Why would i fucking say that?

"Hm? Whats going on at home..if you don't mind telling me," he said.

"Its fine, you don't need to know," i said, trying not to be too mean.

"oh, ok, but if you need somebody to talk to then i'm always here...y/n?" He said.

"Thanks," i replied, as grab 'n go slowly came into view.

-❤️-

I brung my skateboard inside with me, its better than it being stolen.

"So when did you move here?" I asked, "and why a week before summer break?"

"My parents decision, i was meant to join last Wednesday but they told me i needed to 'get used to this place'," he mocked, as i laughed slightly.

"Get some snacks, i've got money," i said, as he nodded and looked over to someone.

"Who's he?" He asked, then i realised he was staring at Vance Hopper.

"Oh him? Thats Vance Hopper, we're..friends? Our parents used to know each other, and i'd occasionally have to meet him at reunion's, then, we didn't...because my mom left," i replied.

Great, you just told your life story to a kid you just met.

"Sorry, i didn't mean to tell my whole story-" i said.

"No, its fine, i'm sorry about your mom, uh..do you mind telling me why?" He asked.

I would've said no, but i shared it all with him anyways, so hell.

"Well, we were happy, until my dad started drinking and being verbally abusive, then, my mom left, leaving me with him, he was very angry about that and started being- never mind," i said.

Thank fuck i didn't carry on that sentence, but billy was still curious.

"Y/n, if somethings going on you need to tell somebody," he said.

"Its fine, i shouldn't have told you anyway," i said, as i went to the counter to pay.

"..alright," he said, following me.

I had bought some candy and drinks, to share.

"Here," i said, handing him some.

"Thanks," he replied, following me outside to sit on a bench.

We sat down and spoke, about whatever, until Vance Hopper came out of Grab 'n go, finally.

He looked over at me as i waved, before shrugging and coming over to us.

What did he want?

"Y/n, right?" He said, practically grabbing the drink off of me.

"..yeah," i said, grabbing it back before he got a sip.

He rolled his eyes, "hows your dad?"

"Still shitty," i replied.

"Oh, and, who's this?" He asked, referring to billy.

"Billy, billy showalter," billy said, finally speaking.

"Yeah..um i've gotta get home, ill see you guys at school tomorrow," i said, throwing Vance the drink.

Although it was empty.

-❤️-

i wasn't exactly thrilled to be going home, because dad would be either passed out, or even worse, awake.

I slowly opened the door, gulping at every squeak it made.

Eventually, i was able to tip-toe past my dad who, of course, was still passed out.
When i got upstairs my phone rang.

I groaned, "what?"

"Its billy,"

"Ok? And how did you get my number?"

"Vance, anyways, do you want to meet up before school tomorrow?"

"My alarm clocks broken and i have a shitty sleep schedule, so probably not,"

I was about to hang up, before he said something.

"ok, how about you sleep over at mine? That way you wont be late,"

I sighed, "fine, when do you want me to come over, and wheres you're address?"

"————, and come over now, my sister will love you,"

"Sister?! Billy-"

But he had already hung up, great, i mean - at least a girl was there?

I packed what i needed - an outfit for tomorrow, toothbrush, pjs, other random stuff.

Time for a hell of a sleepover.

-❤️-

If you recognise the parallel from my other books i love you 🤭🫶🏼