Ch. 4 - Girls' Night

"How could I, oh how could I tell them

This is not a puppy love?"

Puppy Love - Paul Anka

~~~~~~~

Felicity woke up with a few texts in a new group chat, inviting her to a girls' night that the female Avengers had monthly. So this is what Steve was talking about. She accepted the invitation with eagerness.

It didn't start until after dinner, so she went to the store to buy Steve's present that she'd been planning out since the day he agreed to let her help him find his love language. She wrapped it up and left it at the end of Steve's bed with a small note, hoping he would like it.

The night began with everyone getting in their pajamas and setting up a huge nest-sort-of-thing in the living room of the Compound with dozens of pillows, cushions, and blankets. Various snacks and bottles of wine were stolen from the kitchen.

Natasha, Wanda, Hope, Layla, and Jennifer were there, and she was told that not everyone could always make it. Felicity got to know each of the girls more, what their powers or skillsets were, how they got them, and how they joined the Avengers. She learned things about them by watching them, like how Jennifer was the most energetic and girly. Natasha usually kept her composure but she was a lot of fun when she was around people she was comfortable with, Hope was the same way. Layla was very touch-affectionate with her friends. Wanda was pretty quiet, but she had very well-thought-out things to say when she spoke.

Everyone did each other's hair as a bonding technique, a chick-flick playing in the background. Everyone but Layla (her hair was really curly, so she didn't like to have it done by anyone) had simple-to-complicated braids in their hair half an hour in. Felicity did Wanda's long red hair in two double-Dutch braids while her brown hair was done by Natasha in a single loose fishtail braid.

Felicity loved getting her hair played with. She never had a good relationship with her mom and her dad never knew how. She supposed it worked hand-in-hand with her love language of physical touch, but a set of fingers scratching her scalp and running through her hair calmed her like nothing else.

Whilst they gossiped amongst themselves, Felicity piped up with a perfectly reasonable question, "So, I kind of want to know... who's with who in the Compound?"

"Well, Bucky's my boyfriend," Natasha replied, unfazed.

"Mm. I assumed you two had something, I just wasn't sure."

Layla sipped her glass of wine. "I'm married to Marc, but Steven, Jake, and I are working things out together too."

Felicity smiled, thinking about how cute of a couple Layla and her boys were. She only recently learned that one of the team's members had Dissociative Identity Disorder. She hadn't met all of the alters yet, but she knew that each of them made Layla very happy.

Wanda spoke, "Vision and I are together."

Jennifer shook her head. "Single Lady over here."

"I have Scott," Hope said.

"Tony has Pepper, the CEO of Stark Industries. They've been on and off for a long time but we all can see that he's totally whipped for her," Natasha explained. "Thor has this woman named Jane, we don't know her that well. Loki doesn't have anyone that we know of, but he goes back to Asgard quite often so we don't really know. Bruce has been on his own for a long time, Sam's single, Clint has a family, Peter has a girlfriend, and Pietro is a case all in himself."

Felicity raised a brow.

"He brings a lot of women to the Compound, if you catch my drift."

"Nevermind Pietro's sex tendencies," Layla's strong accent rang. She smiled teasingly. "Tell us what's going on with you and our Captain?"

All of the girls agreed with Layla in nods and murmurs. Felicity suddenly became bashful, but the rest of the girls shared their romance lives so it was only fair she shared hers.

"We've been hanging out ever since my first day... I stitched up his GSW and we got to talking. Eventually, we got to the point where I told him I'd help him figure out his love language."

There were some "aw"s shared around the room, the girls clutching pillows to their chests and snuggling in mountains of blankets. Felicity actually felt welcomed by these women.

Jennifer clicked her tongue and pouted, "That's a really nice meet-cute."

"So are you guys dating now?" Hope asked.

"Nothing's official... but we did kiss when we got home from Coney Island yesterday."

"Have you guys slept with each other yet?" Jennifer pried.

Felicity shook her head no. Natasha took a sip of wine and casually said, "If his stamina is anything like Bucky's– super soldier serum and all– then you're in for it. After my first time with him, I was hurting for days. And I have a high pain tolerance."

"Oh, God," she exclaimed, covering her cherry-red face with her hands.

She felt a hand on her shoulder and then Natasha spoke again, "He's a really great guy, Felicity. He deserves someone like you."

The rest of the night was spent doing each other's makeup for fun, wiping it all off, and then doing cleansing facemasks. It had been a seriously long time since she had a girls' sleepover like that.

~~~~~~~

Felicity woke up with what felt like a couple of bodies on top of her. She looked back, careful not to make any noise or move too much, to see Layla's curly hair splayed along her back as the Egyptian superhero's head lay on the middle of her back. Her eyes then drifted lower, where Wanda was cuddling with her thigh.

She slowly got up and smiled at the girls all cuddling together. She wanted to cherish these nights and these new friendships she'd created, liking that she felt included with these strong women.

When she returned to her room to get ready for the day, she found a vase full of a bouquet of flowers, a wrapped box, and a note all on her desk. She read the note first...

Felicity,

Thank you so much for the new sketchbook and supplies. It really means a lot to me that you're one of the few people that care to know that I'm interested in art. I hope the flowers and gift I left for you are just as meaningful.

Love, Steve

P.S.

I hope you enjoyed your first girls' night.

A bright smile adorned Felicity's face as she set down the note and unwrapped the gift from Steve. Her lips parted in shock when she opened the box and saw what was inside; a round-trip flight to Los Angeles scheduled for next month.

Her hand flew to her mouth as tears of joy sprang to her eyes. This meant that she could go and see her best friend in just a few weeks. Steve listened to how much she missed Eamon and wanted her to visit him, simply because it would make her happy.

~~~~~~~

I like the idea of all of the female Avengers hanging out and having fun together<3