Chapter 1: Silver

Three months. Three months without her best friend, her mom, her home, her life. Three months of a fresh start.

It was a Tuesday morning, and after an attempt at eating breakfast, Evelyn decided today was the day she was finally going to unpack the last boxes that were left sitting in her living room.

She moved out to L.A. three months ago, from Ocala, Florida. It was definitely a change, but that's exactly what she was looking for. She had just gotten out of her three year long emotionally abusive relationship, and needed to get away from everything.

So she decided to come here, and build her career in the music industry. She had been working as a music producer among other things since she was 17, as well as writing her own songs well before then.

Snapped out of her thoughts about her old life by her phone ringing on the counter, Evelyn reached over to read the random number on her screen.

"Hello? This is Evelyn."

"Hey Evelyn! This is Lucas, the guy you met with the other day. Listen I talked to the band and they think you'd be a great fit. We'd love to have you on tour as the assistant manager."

She had completely forgotten about her interview with Lucas Hand, the tour manager for the band Waterparks, on Saturday. They were getting ready to go on tour for their 5th album, Greatest Hits, and we're looking for some extra help. With Evie looking for a job, this was the perfect opportunity.

She just didn't think they liked her. She met with Lucas, the tour manager, and the three boys who made up the band; Awsten, Otto and Geoff. They were nice but she felt like she blew it by being awkward. But what's new?

"Oh my gosh! I would absolutely love to join you guys. Thank you so much!" She immediately jumped off the barstool and started doing a little dance while Lucas replied.

"Great! We have a few more things to finalize this week before we have the first meeting, but we leave in two weeks, so start packing. I'll text you an address for this Friday for the first tour meeting! The boys are so excited!"

Grinning ear to ear, Evie replies and tells him she can't wait and hung up, immediately putting the phone back up to her ear waiting for her best friend to answer back home.

"Wow this must be important. It's like, what, 7 am there?" Caroline's voice filled into Evie's ear as she chuckled at her friends dramatics.

"I got the job! The one I told you about on Saturday! He said they all loved me!"

"Well I don't want to be that person and say 'I told you so', but, I did in fact tell you that you would nail it. Did I not?" She could almost hear her roll her eyes through the phone in typical Caroline fashion.

"Yea, yea. Whatever."

They spent the next 30 minutes on the phone while Evie walked around her apartment picking up random things and setting them down just as random.

"Anyway, we leave in two weeks so I need to start getting some of my stuff together, but I'll call you Friday night and let you know how the meeting went!"

Caroline groaned in annoyance on the other end of the line. "Fineeee. But let me know what the band is like. I've always loved their stuff!"

Evie promised she would tell her everything as soon as she could, and hung up.

The little bit she had met the bad was decent. They were nice enough. She had listened to their music over the years as they grew more popular and always loved the way the lead singer, Awsten, wrote his songs. She was looking forward to comparing ideas on both lyrics and instruments.

She took a deep breath as she looked inside her closet that she had just finished organizing yesterday, ready to take it all out and start packing.

———————————————————————————

Hey guys! So this is kinda gonna be all over the place but I actually have a whole story line planned out that I'm super excited for. Some stuff may not be up to date because I'm a little behind in Waterparks stuff, but have had this idea in my head for awhile so here we are! Hope you guys enjoy!