Chapter 2: 21 Questions

Time really does fly when you're having fun. Two weeks went by like that and here I am, 12 hours before flying to New York for the first show of the tour.

The past couple of weeks have been spent by me getting no sleep. Prepping for a world tour is pretty exhausting, especially when the tour is for three toddler minded adult men.

I had gotten to know the three boys who make up the band I'm touring with, and as boy-ish as they all were, we all got along. Me and Awsten instantly connected on the first Friday of the meeting. We've been working pretty close the past weeks prepping.

I grabbed the last of my suitcases and my backpack and closed my front door, locking it behind me. When I got off of the elevator downstairs, I found a tall rainbow haired boy waiting for me.

Awsten noticed me right away and came over to grab my last suitcase.

"Thanks. You don't have to carry it though." I said to him as he reached out to grab it.

He looked at me and smiled, "As heavy as the other two were, yea, I do." He laughed at my eyes rolling as he walked out of the glass doors to his car.

Our flight to NYC leaves at 6 am tomorrow morning, so we all decided the best option was to all stay at one place and all leave together to ensure everyone made it on time. That was mainly meant for Geoff and Otto, who I quickly found out have bad habits of being late.

I came up with the idea and Lucas agreed, so it was decided that those flying would stay at Lucas'. It included me and Lucas, Awsten, Otto and Geoff, Jawn, the band's photographer, and a few other people.

Once we all get to New York, we had 2 full days before the first show, to allow time for the tour busses and equipment to get there. I'm pretty stoked about getting to explore NYC too.

The drive over to Lucas's was nice. We listened to music and made small chit chat. Talking with Awsten came easy to me. I'm not really sure what it is about him but he just radiates positivity and it's hard not to smile when you look at him. Also helps that he's not too bad looking either. But I never pay attention to that anyway. I don't let myself.

"Evelyn? Helloooo? You there?"

I turned my head to find Awsten looking at me waving his hand in front of me. "Sorry. Thinking"

He turned his head back to the road in front of him and let out a small laugh. "I get it. My heads been going crazy the past few weeks with everything going on."

I smiled and replied with a quiet yea, even though he had no clue what was really on my mind.

We rode the rest of the way in silence, with the radio on low.

When we finally pulled into the steep driveway at Lucas' house, I sat in the car for a few extra seconds after Awsten got out and closed his door. I just needed to allow myself to have one last moment to myself, and then I grabbed my stuff off of the floorboard and got out.

I was met by Awsten handing me my backpack out of the backseat.

"This is all you need right? Please don't make me dig out all of your three heavy suitcases." He gave me a smile that said even if I did ask him, he wasn't going to.

"You're lucky I can sleep in what I'm wearing." He looked down at my skinny jeans and skin tight tank top, giving me an questioning look. "What? I have underwear on. That's all I need."

The look on Awsten's face was too funny to even respond to so I just laughed and turned around, leaving Awsten to his own imagination.

After we got our stuff piled in the the living room, me and Awsten sat down on the couch while Lucas was upstairs getting blankets and pillows. Geoff and Otto still weren't there yet, to no surprise.

"Fuck." Lucas came walking into the living room with a disappointed look on his face. When me and Awsten both gave him puzzling looks, he said, "I'm out of like everything. So we could either go to the store and get some shit for dinner or just go out."

"I don't know about you guys but I'm exhausted and would rather starve than go out to eat with this many people." I looked at Lucas, then looked at Awsten who was nodding his head in agreement.

"Fine, we can order pizza."

———-

I woke up to the sound of very loud snoring. Coming specifically from the three other boys that were sleeping in the same room as me.

It was still dark out, meaning it was way to early for me to be awake yet. I looked at my phone and I was right. 3:06 am. I sat up rubbing my eyes, and looked around at the dark shapes laying on the floor making so much noise.

I happened to notice that there were only two loud shapes, and the other makeshift bed was empty. Awsten was awake somewhere.

I got up and grabbed my glasses form next to my phone and put them on, wondering towards the kitchen, only to find it empty.

I'm not sure why but I wanted to find him to see if he was okay. I walked down the hallway and peeked inside the bathroom where the night light was on. Awsten was sitting on the floor with his back against the counter, with his head resting back against it.

He looked up at me right as I let out a small hey.

"Oh shit I'm sorry did I wake you up?" He immediately jumped up and had a look of concern on his face. It was only then I noticed he was missing an an article of clothing on his upper body.

I cleared my throat and tried my best to look anywhere but at him, but eventually landed on his eyes. "No, I just couldn't sleep. Happens a lot." I walked in and sat down across from him, putting my back against the bathtub, bringing my knees up to my chest.

As I did this Awsten watched me and when I was finally settled, he sat back down in the spot he was in.

"Is this your first tour?" He asked me.

"No, but my first one with a band as bug as you guys." I gave him a small smile while I explained. "It's a whole different world here than in Florida." I admitted, not sure why I was letting myself open up to him so easily.

"Yea. A lot different from Texas too. What made you come out here?" He never once stopped looking at me the entire time, which made me feel shy.

I looked down at the floor, debating on which answer to give him. "I just needed to get away from home. There's a lot of history there for me." I decided on the half-truth.

He nodded his head but was looking at me as if he knew I wasn't giving him the full truth, but he must not have cared. He looked back down and started talking. "Yea. Wish I could say the same but honestly, I miss Texas. But if I wanted any type of music career, I had no choice but to come out here. It's not bad. Geoff and Otto still live down there when we're not touring or whatever, but Lucas stays here obviously so we hang out a lot."

As he talked all I could do was watch him. There was something that intrigued me about the way he talked, and his face always expressed the emotion he was feeling.

I only noticed he had stopped talking when I realized we were both sitting there staring at each other. "Yea. At least you have them, I had to leave my best friend." I said with a small chuckle, trying to hide my pain. Before he could notice I turned my head to look down at the floor.

"Well lucky for you I'm perfect best friend material." At this I looked back up to him giving me a genuine smile. It instantly made me feel better. Relived almost, that I wasn't alone.

Before I could reply, he stood up and reached his hand out to me to help me up. "We have an early morning; we should get some rest." I grabbed his hand and held it one second too long after I was up, but neither one of us seemed to notice that bad.

After we got back to the living room and settled into our separate makeshift beds, Awsten looked up at me one last time, only to whisper, "Good night, Evie."

———————————————————————————

Okay this actually turned out a lot better than I had originally planned. But we're starting to establish some stuff!