Episode 4.2 : Rejoin

Sorry this took so long..mental health and stuff but I'm not dropping it.

I hope you enjoy it anyway <3

And next chapter will be depressing cause we all know what scene is gonna come.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"I learned something from your second time leap."

Takemichi looked at him in wonder and curiosity. "Hoh"

"Takemichi, when you returned to the past, you stayed in a "deathlike state" the whole time. It was like only your soul slipped away." elaborated Naoto

"Does that mean he died?!" yelled Yamagishi and Atsushi frowned, thinking

"Hmm I see. That's interesting." muttered Draken and Mikey nodded. They seemed to like the fact that they learn more about this weird ability of his as time goes on.

"I wonder if it has a limit though..."

Hakkai turned to his sister with an raised eyebrow "What do you mean?"

"I mean this ability. If it's true that he is in a deathlike state everytime he uses it, couldn't there be a certain limit?"

"Do you mean a limit of how often and/or how long?" questioned Mitsuya, understanding her thought process.

"Yeah." confirmed Yuzuha.

Naoto's eyebrows knitted together. "That could be, actually. We don't know for sure after all."

"...what would happen if it's over that limit?" asked Hina hesitantly, afraid of the answer and Mikey answered just as she feared.

"Death. Probably."

Hina looked down, slightly trembling and biting her lip

"Well well, we don't know that and nothing went wrong 'till now so I'm sure it will be fine!" tried Emma which did make Hina losen up a bit

"Can't deny that there is a possibility though." stated Kazutora

"Hush!"

"Does that mean I died?!"

"Congratulations you got the same thought process as Takemichi."

"...I don't know if I should see that as a good thing."

"Dude...what is that supposed to mean?"

"Your time leaping ability is to "return to the same date as today 12 years in the past"[...]" explained Naoto and Takemichi looked at him with concentration

"In other words, during the week you're in the past, your consciousness has gone to the past. And all that remains in the present is "an empty vessel"."

"Wait doesn't that make him an easy target when he is in the past? Since his body is basically defenceless." asked Chifuyu and Baji nodded

"Well, if that guy that pushed him into the train road tries to attack him again during that time, he will be pretty much dead."

Chifuyu deadpanned at his bluntness but can't deny it.

Naoto nodded to confirm that idea.

"It's not only that but also to watch over his body and if everything is going fine with it, is important. That's exactly why I won't leave him alone during that time."

Hina smiled at him gratefully and Naoto only smiled back.

But he can't deny that every single smile of hers, makes his heart clench.