Chapter 1: The Fall of Wall Maria Part 1

Year 845.
The Colossal Titan had made its first appearance.
And before anyone knew it, Wall Maria had been breached.

I heard the ginormous bells ringing, and everyone started panicking.

I was just a kid at the time. I didn't know what to do or what was happening around me.
All I knew was that I had to run. Run as far away from Wall Maria as I could. But for some reason, a part of me was yearning to stay.

I wanted to stay. Shigansina was my home. I would have to leave so many memories behind.

(Flashback)
"Hey, get back here!" A man yelled at me. "You coward! Don't run away from me!"

I ran as fast as I could. I had to get away from this man. I wasn't about to get sold off as an enslaved person. Not to some old creep from the underground.

I ran, and ran, and ran until I felt weak in the knees. I was panting, but I had to keep moving forward and never look back.

I ran to Shiganshina, where my life wasn't under constant threat.

My legs buckled. I couldn't go any further; I was too tired. I wanted to rest.

"Are you all right, darling?" A voice said.

I looked up. A woman was kneeling in front of me. I shook my head as a signal that I wasn't ok.
She stood up, and she beckoned me to go with her.

"Alright then, come with me, uhm.." She trailed off.

"yn," I muttered.

She looked at me.

"Y/N, Y/N L/N," I said more clearly.

"That's a lovely name." The woman said. "Where are you from?"

"I don't know," I said. "I don't have a home or family."

"How about this? I can be your family." She said.

A man I didn't know rushed over.
"Child, don't go with her." He said desperately. "She's dangerous."

I glanced back and forth from the woman to the man. I shook the man off of me and started walking toward the woman. The man snatched me up and started running away. The woman didn't even move. She walked away. She never cared.

I thrashed out of the man's arms.

"Who are you?!" I demanded.

"Calm down; you're safe." The man sighed. "My name is Grisha Jeager, and that woman you met was a serial killer; her name is Nala."

"I'll give you a choice; you can come with me back to my house and meet my family: my wife, Carla, my son, Eren, and Mikasa. Or you can stay here," He said.

"I'll go with you."

(Current time)
I was so lost in my thoughts I stopped paying attention to where I was going. I tripped, hit my head, and everything around me became a haze. My vision was obscured, my mind lost, and my body unable to move.

But then I heard a distant voice calling out to me. I couldn't make out whatever that voice was saying.
And then I felt someone shaking me.
"Y/N!" An old man said, "We need to get out of here! The Titans are coming!" He grabbed my hand, and we both started running.

The older man was known as Ol' Jack. Eren's mom and I would come to him whenever I needed my shoes fixed or if my clothes required mending.

A boulder came flying towards us. Ol' Jack pushed me out of the way. He got crushed by it. I could see blood spatter around the rock.

Ol' Jack was now gone, and I couldn't do anything about it.

I was paying so much attention to Ol' Jack's death that I didn't even notice a Titan approaching me. However, it went past me and went for someone else. Another Titan did the same.

I got up, tears threatening to spill.
I was weak in the knees, but I started sprinting toward God knows where.

All of my pain, the weakness I felt, vanished into thin air when... these two boys. I caught them in my peripheral vision. One was reasonably tall with brown hair and greenish eyes, the other blonde with blue eyes.

What a peculiar set of boys.

————————————————————————
Hello! I have returned with my stories! I have lost a lot of confidence in writing since, on my last one, I didn't get many views. But that doesn't mean I'm not thankful for the (small) support I have.
I'll return to my older one, The Forbidden Worlds, which by the way, is very hard to read and is heavily edited, so you should expect the same thing with this story too.