Chapter 14: The Palace

I was walking down the streets of Wall Sina with the letter I had received from the King.

I felt eyes burning holes in me. The dress that I thought made me look high-classed actually made me look like royalty.

"Thanks, King Fritz, you've outdone yourself," I thought sarcastically.

I increased my pace.

"Look, a pretty princess!"

I turned to see a child wearing a violet dress pointing at me. She was carrying a stuffed bear with her.

I gave her a sheepish smile before turning on my heels and running toward the palace.

When I got there, I was greeted by two guards who were supposed to escort me to the conference hall.

The halls were decorated with exquisite paintings. One depicted a knight clashing with a dragon. Another had old castle ruins covered in vines and a field of exotic flowers.

The guards and I stopped in front of a large door.

"We're here," one of them said.

They opened the large doors for me. I entered the room-- it was very spacious. There was a deep red carpet covering most of the room and a luxurious throne in the very back of the room. Large tinted windows were stationed behind it.

(It looked something like this)

The guards closed the doors-- locking me in

"Ah, Y/N, we're so pleased to meet you," a man said. He placed both of his hands on one of mine and shook it. "Make yourself at home."

The man wore a pair of grey pants, a white dress shirt, and a green waistcoat.

He got a chair for me to sit in.

"So, why am I here?" I asked.

"You see, since the King doesn't have any children, we've been looking for an heir,"  the guy in the green trench coat said.

"Wait, what?!" I asked, startled. I got out of my chair.

"You're the best candidate we've ever come across," the man in the waistcoat said. "Besides, this is the best way to protect the Nightwalker."

"W-wait, don't I get a say in this?" I asked. "Oh, and I'm not a Titan Shifter."

"Unfortunately, no," a frail man said. "I'm sorry."

"There are papers you must sign," the frail man continued. "We can't let you leave until you sign them."

"But I--"

"No buts," the man in the waistcoat said. "You have to do it."

The white cravat man took out some papers and a red feather pen.

"Fine, I'll do it," I said. "But on two conditions."

They looked at me intently.

"I get to return to the Cadet Corps and finish my training. And nobody will ever know I was sworn in as the heir."

The white cravat man sighed, "If it means you'll sign these papers, so be it."

I took the feather pen out of the man's hand and signed each paper.

———————————————————————

I've noticed that with each chapter, I get fewer and fewer views. The first chapter I wrote has 60 views, while the 13th chapter only has 8.

I've been less motivated because people won't read my story. They only read the first chapter to see what it's like and then leave.

I might abandon this story if this continues. I'm so sorry!

- Author Chan