Prologue: Fate

Every business tycoon, wealthy individual, and mafia leader has something they are obsessed about. Fame, money, cars, yachts, you name it. 

But for Lan Xichen, a multibillionaire, president of multiple companies, and a mafia gang leader, his obsession lies with one person, in the likes of Wei Wuxian. The sole reason for his failed first love. 

It was a fated encounter. They were once kids, meeting under the shades of the slide in their local playground. They grew fond of each other, meeting at the playground on their usual every after school. Promises are made as they gradually fell in love. 

It was fine at first, casually declaring their likes for each other whilst playing under their usual spot together with other kids that really wasn't relevant for them both. Until Wei Wuxian's circumstances set foot, being still in elementary and still unable to decide for himself means he had no choice but to follow what adults tell him. 

And so they left, leaving Xichen without bidding his goodbye. Leaving a sour taste of pain in Xichen's mouth. The love that was supposed to be just a children's whim grew into more than a puppy love. 

Then years passed, both living in different worlds, one working as being feared and one living normally like any individual could find themselves meeting in an unexpected circumstances. 

They catch up and fell in love all over again. 

But Xichen has no way of telling his lover that he just met what he was in reality despite the facade he's blatantly showing just to hide his hideous side. 

But as if fate was playing with them, just like any relationship that was built with lies and secrets, the ugly truth was bound to resurface, lies floated above waters. 

Wei Wuxian found the truth, fear eventually succumbs him replacing his feelings. Thinking if it was really love he felt. 

He knew it was too late to regret things. He knew he needs to run away eventually from the danger he was bound to. 

He may not be able to escape the danger forever, but at least he's able to distance himself even for a short while.

And so, he hid, far from the mafia boss' grasp, far from the danger he fears.

Years into hiding, he found comfort in Lan Wangji's arms. Though his surname sounds overly familiar in his ears, he never dwelled on it much. 

Then he fell in love once again, harder this time. 

But the subject of his heart's imprisonment was brought to light. Lan Wangji was never the man he thought he was, but he was too late to back out. His heart was already bound to the man, accepting of whatever circumstances he stands in and ready to fight and stay for their shared comfort.

Lan Wangji is meant to look for him, to bring him back without a scratch, mentally conditioned at most. 

Lan Wangji is Lan Xichen's sworn brother, a right-hand man of almost the same level as him. They were brothers by cup, but they fell in love with the same person. 

Xichen loves WWX, obsessed even. But Lan Wangji is his most trusted, it would be a loss if the one you trusted the most suddenly disappeared, and it would impale the whole group.

While Lan Wangji loves Wei Wuxian that he'd fight over for him. But he has no desire to betray his sworn brother, he was kept under the Lan group by Xichen's father and sworn to stay by his brother's side. 

Now it's up for fate to decide. 

Who's string is meant to be cut and who's meant to be intact? 

-

A/N: here's your request TojiWifeu ! I hope you like the start. ♥️