Ch. 9

Wuxian woke up from the throbbing pain of his from the alcohol last night. His hands instantly caught his head, hissing at the heaviness and pulsating feeling.

In the middle of cursing at his own misery, a delicious smell of food seeped inside the bedroom. His head immediately whipped up after getting a whiff. His stomach immediately grumbled. And without further consideration, he listened to the complaints of his empty stomach, stopping down the unfamiliar bed he was in. 

Upon opening the door, he wanders his eyes until they stop at the familiar physique of a man, back facing him while humming softly to himself.

"Chen?" 

It only took Wuxian to speak a whisper of the older's name to make Xichen look his way, a curve of fondness extending onto his lips as he lays his eyes on the younger. 

"You're awake. I cooked you breakfast since I knew you'll get hungry once you woke up. I also called your work and told them you're sick. Come, join me," he offered as he set the food down on the table. 

Wuxian smiles sheepishly as he scratches his head. Now that he's more awake, he noticed that he was not in his house nor he slept on his own bed. 

"I- uhm... Sorry for the trouble I caused," he apologized, looking away as shame showers him, pieces of the memories from last night came flashing back in his head. But his attention was immediately caught by the low laugh of the older. 

Xichen strides his way to the younger, abandoning the food on the table. He then reached for the younger, touching his cheeks to check up on him which made Wuxian flinch for a second before letting the older checks him. 

"It's okay! I'm happy that I'm able to be of help. Are you having a hangover? Does your head hurt?" he asked continuously. 

Wuxian chuckles, "I'm fine, Chen Chen. Just a little headache, that's all," he answers as he slowly leans away from him. 

Xichen smiles at him, "Is that so? Then let's eat so you can eat your medicine," he utters, pulling the younger by the wrist and dragging him to the table. 

Wuxian only chuckles, letting himself be dragged anyways. 

.

After breakfast, the older gave him medicine. Afterwhich, they settled in the living room, Wuxian was forced to lie down on the sofa while the older sit on the floor, legs crossed over the other. 

"Feeling better?" Xichen asked, checking the younger's forehead with the back of his hand. 

Wuxian chuckles, "I'm just having a small headache, not like I'm having a fever," he answers, not swatting Xichen's hand nonetheless. 

"Hm," the older hums as he watches him with fondness in his eyes. "Do you remember what happened last night?" he suddenly asked. 

Wuxian jolts from lying down, eyes wide as he stares at the older, "Did I do something wrong last night?! Did I cause chaos?! I only remembered a little! Oh no! I'm so sorry!" he frantically answers, bows his head fast enough as he apologizes. 

The older interrupt him with a loud laugh, finding the younger cute in his frantic state. "Relax!" he taps his back, "You did nothing of sort. You're fine," he assures. "Anyways, let's just forget that. It's nothing important anyways." 'I won't mention anything he said last night or he might cry again. I just need to make sure to distract him from crying,' he tells himself. 

"So what do you plan on doing today, since you're free for the whole day?" he asked, averting the topic so that the younger won't ask any further. 

Wuxian thinks first, eyes wandering as he thinks of something. "Hm, I don't know..." he mumbles to himself. "I have many things I want to go but can't afford," he replied. 

The older grins, thinking that this may be his cue. "Tell me, I'll bring you anywhere," he offers. 

The younger instantly shook his head, "NO! you don't need to trouble yourself with my wishes!" he declines, "If necessary, you should be the one suggesting where to go since I'm already imposing on you," he sheepishly chuckles.

"How bout you give me suggestions, since I'm not familiar around here yet?" He lied. In all truth, he knew every nook and cranny of the city, being a mafia was part of it.

Wuxian smiles, "If you say so," he shrugs before he starts blabbering about places he wants to go to.

The older only listens to him, fondness in his eyes with a wide smile on his face. His Xian is still the same.

After a long list of places Wuxian mentioned, they decide to go to the first one. No necessary preparations and just jumped in his car and drove off. 

.

They spent the day going anywhere they think of, Xichen spending lots of money for everything unbeknownst to the younger. 

While Wuxian enjoys the trip completely unaware of the abundant spending of money of the older. 

After a long day, they went home after a fancy dinner at the restaurant Xichen frequents. The younger found it too extravagant but forgot to question the expensiveness of the place when the food settled in front of him. In the end, he consumed everything that was served.

"Did you enjoy?" Xichen asked as they walk down the corridor, slowly, as if savoring the time they had left before the day ends. 

Wuxian smiles wide, nodding profusely, "I did! Thank you for taking me with you!" he beams despite the dim lights in the hallway. 

The older reached for Wuxian's head and ruffles his hair fondly, "I always want the best for you," he replied. 

The younger chuckles, "You're so sweet, Chen Chen. How much more when you have a girlfriend," he jokingly said. 

"I'm gay," the older answers immediately.

Wuxian stops from his track, eyes wide as he stares at the older at his sudden coming out, "O-Oh... uhm... I didn't know... sorry..." he answers awkwardly, immediately averting his eyes when Xichen met with his. 

Xichen smiles softly, "It's okay, I didn't tell you," the older replies, "I hope you won't get awkwa—"

"I-I'm gay too!" Wuxian immediately answers before the older can finish his words.

Xichen chuckles, "That makes us both then," he replied, he knew his first love likes his brother yet he pretends as if it was news to him. 

There was a short silence as they continued walking until they reached Wuxian's apartment door. 

"...Oh, uhm- uhh... T-thank you o-once again..." He stuttered, eyes on the ground to avoid the awkward atmosphere between them. 

But the older only smiles fondly at the younger's avoidance. "...I like you," he confesses out of nowhere. 

The younger's eyes immediately whipped up to look at the older. Eyes wide in disbelief. 

"I- uhh..." he was too speechless. He didn't think he'll get a confession just after coming out to his childhood best friend.

Xichne chortles. He reached for the younger's cheeks and swipe a gentle caress, "You don't need to answer me today. I just want you to think about it first, yeah?" he assures, before snaking his hand at the back of Wuxian's head and pulls him gently. Planting a soft peck on the younger's forehead.

Wuxian was baffled, head spinning with too much information, and his lips making him unable to speak. What just happened?! It all circulated so quickly that everything was still buffering. 

But before he can recover, Xichen was already in front of his own apartment. Leaving the Wuxian still confused. 

------

A/N: I'm really, really sorry for not updating for so long! My week was just so busy with internship and everything school related, so when I come home I feel so tired to even move a finger lol. But well, I am able to adjust to the environment. I can communicate well with the students, and I am even able to tutor some of them and it feels fulfilling! Anyways, thank you for always waiting for me! I really love you guys. I know I keep repeating this but I hope you won't get tired of me! I love youuu<3

Ps. I'll try making up to you, yeah?