7 MINUTES IN HEAVEN

When was the last time I experienced Déjà Vu again? Oh, right . . .

You have got to be kidding me. This is the worst night of my life! And, it worsened when I heard the worst catchphrase ever, "And, the bottle points at . . ."

Die: that is what I desire for myself right now. The circle that was once perfectly formed were slowly morphing into imperfection. All our gazes flicks at the bottle spinning at the center. The more the time passes, the sluggish it is that the bottle whirl. Why does it seem like everything has happened before? The off chance that the bottle would point at me is too narrow.

"Your lucky day is today - " eventually, the rotation's speed slackened. Then, it halted with a violent jerk. "Laurente!"

Whole being of mine flattened like a loaf of bread left atop the cupboards to spoil. Out of everybody in this room, why does it have to be me? I want to stand up, lash a rant about how they're unsportsmanlike.

Life became more unfair when our line of sight follows the direction of the other end of the bottle. It stopped at a boy with big, thick glasses. It was Caspian.

Replays of our times together came flashing in my mind. It replayed . . .

Itself. Stupid brain, always have time for recalling an open wound. Curse this.

"In the closet. Now," everyone cheered. None of them knew that there was a thing going on between me and Caspian before.

"Your paradise is waiting, Lauren." I groaned at their remark. H*ll, they even call me by the name he used to. Caspian isn't budging from his spot nor he put care to anything. It must be awkward for him as well.

Head up, chest out and stomach in, I strolled to get to Caspian's spot to latch on his arm and drag him towards the closet.

For Pete's sake, I can't believe I dropped a dime in this game. Why did I even agree when I could just reason out? Seems like my body is in control of their own.

"7," Raiko, who's holding the closet door open for me stated. I cussed under my breath while questioning the existence of this stupid game and I heard him chuckle, then his friend appeared.

"Minutes isn't long, Laurente. Just enjoy the 7 minutes of your life." She smiled. Okay, how can I enjoy when I'm stuck with my ex? "Have fun, you two!"

. . .

Maybe, this is a dream? I pinched myself. Ouch! Okay, it's not.

When will this day end? The last thing we heard was the closet door creaking as they closed it. The closet was too narrow, we both almost formed ourselves into a fetus position just so we could fit in. I wanted to peek through the small gap in between the closet door, but doing so means leaning closer to him so I just dropped the idea. And even though I don't want to be near him, our skins can't help but touch.

We were too quiet, the silence was too deafening for me to handle. So, I decided to ask, "How's life?" First of all, I ain't talking to him 'cause I wanna hear his voice, definitely no. I only decided to initiate the conversation 'cause I can't stand the tension. Yes, excuses.

"Remember how we met?" Wait, why did he change the topic? He's going over the boundaries! "We played 7 minutes in Heaven as well. Who knew we'll end up together - "

"Things aren't the same anymore, Caspian," I said like it's my instinct and not paying him the slightest attention. Of course, I had to make it seem like I'm not interested being with him at all.

"Or, it still is?"

"Get your head straight, will you? What are you talking about?"

"The . . . but, the," he kept uttering those words repeatedly, and I'm getting annoyed every time he trail off his words. "The f-feeling."

Feeling? I scoffed.

"We parted ways today, have you forgotten that already? It's now over - "

"Have you felt what I'm feeling right now? I'm still longing for you. I want you, Lauren. Please, don't be selfish. I need you. I really do." Okay, I'm . . .

Done with this. Totally done. Get me f*ck*ng out of here!

"What?" I groaned when he called me again.

We are wasting our time. Caspian kept playing games!

"Are we gonna kiss, too?" My mouth flung open. He said that like it's just an ordinary thing to say.

Doing that with him, just by thinking of doing 'that' with him made my face scrunch up. I mean, yeah, we already did that. And it's prolly better than shoving our tongues down each other's throat, or making out until the time expires, or having se -

"Before!" I exclaimed before my mind think of something dirtier. D*rn this thoughts. "Just because we did it before - "

"It doesn't mean we'll do it again right now," he continued. "Also," he mumbled as he leaned in, my eyes enlarging, "if I kissed you, I don't think I'd be able to stop."

Is he insane?

"Really?" I pressed my palms against his chest and pushed him away. "Do you really think I wanna kiss you right now? There's no - "

"Us," he replied, nodding to himself as he back away. The light seeping through the opening of the closet door shows his emotions on clear display. "You know, you still make me feel . . . what you once made me feel," he said quietly, fiercely, "And, I don't like it. I want it to stop. Now."

Replaying. Here it is again. It's replaying. Something feels odd. Like, everything that's happening right now had happen before!

"Our dreams together," he carefully started and look at me, tears filling his already swollen eyes. "I'm still holding onto it. But, d*mn." I squealed when he grabbed my wrist. "Stop trying to get inside my head!" he snarled, slamming me against the closet wall, making me whimper. For several beats, we stayed there, his grip crashing my wrist. Finally, his mismatched eyes softened. "I can't move on, and I don't think I'll be able to, baby . . . I love you, s-still. But, our - "

"Lives, Caspian," my voice sounded like a plead, and I can't seem to cry. My eyes are sore, but there were no tears falling. "Our lives are completely different right now."

And, the way those orbs of him begs me to stay. . . oh, God, why does everything needs to end up this way?

"We were okay, right?" he snarled. "I curse you for making me love you! It feels like someone's opening up my chest to get inside me and mess me up! I gave you a piece of me, Lauren. And, you didn't ask for it! You did something dumb one day, like smile at me, make me laugh, make my day w-whole," he said slowly, like he's explaining to himself one by one why he said that, "and my life isn't my own anymore! Every time I hear your voice or look into your eyes, I fall in love all over again. Tell me, how can I f*ck*ng unlove you?!"

"Are you not happy?" I offered him a warily smile. "'Cause I am." I chuckled, embracing him so tight. He cried on my shoulder. "I know that one day, I'm going to see you with someone who can promise you a forever. And you, you won't even notice me 'cause you're gonna be too busy loving someone new." I tightened my grip, pulling him more snugly into my embrace. "Don't think that I don't love you, believe me, I really do. You're that annoying person that I adore. You say corny sh*ts that makes me smile. If I could have anyone in the world, it would still be you. But everything's . . ."

". . . already over, Caspian. It's time to let go."

Dead. That's what I'm feeling at that moment. Suddenly, the closet door flung open. I see light. Too much light. I heard Caspian whispering that he finally accept it. I looked to my side, but he's no longer there.

The question is, what did he accept? Read every first word.