CURSE OF THE SEA

My eyes squint to a thousand yard stare, seeing a head popped up on the sea behind the jetties of man-made piles of boulders from quite a distance. His hair was in the hue of blue with streaks of green, long ears and large eyes. I gasped once it submerged into the water when its eyes flickered on me, tail of a fish was on clear display.

"Teacher, I did see a human-like fish!" I exclaimed after I caught a glimpse of a head, arm, and tail just before it dives under the waves. My shoes drags against the path of rocks and sand, marching. She still thinks I'm delirous. "I'm telling no lies!"

"Silence, now," she hushed the other kids throwing a pit of laughter at me. Her back spins to face me, sighing on a tone that's not a good sign. "Darling, eyewitness, by definition, are only seeing a small part of a creature. Maybe what you saw is a dolphin - "

"But, teacher - "

"- 'cause there's no such thing as a human-like fish. Look, I know that you don't want to join this trip in the first place, but you don't have to invent stories 'cause I'm not buying any of it." She huffed, being too tired from the long stroll down the coastal side. "Alright, children. Let's head our way to the Oceanarium."

I tipped my head to the side, my schoolmates squeezing themselves pass me. It wasn't a dolphin, I'm sure of what I saw. And, I'm going to find out no matter what.

"Settle down, kids. Don't break the line." I stood on my toes, trying to get a peek of my teacher in front since I'm in the last row of the never ending queue for the entrance.

There was a click followed by a pop, the giant door screaming open. Bit by bit, I was nearing the entrance. I could feel the glob of sweat forming on my forehead. I took a cap from my backpack and placed it over my head.

I was just staring at the floor the whole time, not bothering to lift my head up to watch the scenery. The awes and contented squeals of my schoolmates rang in my ears. The more they joy, the more my palms begin to moist.

Two pair of shoes appeared in my vision. Good thing my bladder isn't full or I might've peed in my pants. "Look, someone's afraid," one sneered.

I pulled my cap forward and planned to pass him, but my mouth instantly went dry when the other guy yanked the cap off my head. With that action, my head jerked up and I caught a glimpse of the aquariums, until my eyes started darting everywhere in terror.

I gulped.

My shortness of breath wasn't enough to fill oxygen in my lungs. The room started to shrink before me and I feel lightheaded. I drag myself away and stumbled on a foot, tumbling to the ground. I put pressure on my wrist to rise on my spot only to see a huge, thick glass with a giant shark inside, and there I was brought to the edge.

"What's wrong with that kid?"

"Someone, call the teacher!"

"What's going on?"

I was screaming, so much of it that I nearly forgot how to breath. My aquaphobia just attacked in. A shrill cry echoed off the walls, then pools of black ink invaded my vision.

The sound of shoes crashing on the sands reached my ears, sensing my body floating in midair. When I found strength to at least try and pry my eyes open, I saw two figures carrying me like I'm a bag of sack.

I tried to move my jaw but I was unable. Something's refraining it to. A duck tape. I panicked and squirmed. Then, I realized my arms are tied behind my back and ankles are binded together. "H-Hmm!"

They leer at me, gazes were cold.

One laughed, yet, voice comes out calculating. "Teacher scolded us for scaring you."