Epilogue

Chapter 13 : Epilogue

Ring! Ring!

"Decker & Walsh Edition, Margaret speaking. How may I help you?"

"It's me!"

"Hello, Lucas. How has your appointment with Mr. Cantara been?"

"You know, it's always a pleasure to see my old friend Federico!"

"It goes without asking, Lucas. I met him a couple of times and he seemed to be a wonderful old man."

"Yes, an old man... I can't believe that he is now ninety-one years old..."

"You've known him for a while, that's why..."

"Yes! I know him for a bit more than twenty-four years now."

"So, what was his answer?"

"Oh! He didn't even wait for me to ask him. He already had the papers in front of him when I entered the boutique. Me and Mike will be owners of Federico's Books by Thursday after I'm finished with all the papers with Federico's lawyer."

"When are you planning on coming back to Montreal?"

"Well, I might say that I'm having a good time here. Me and mom are finally about to understand how dad cooks his famous chicken in mole sauce with his coconut milk rice."

"You'll have to show me!"

"Of course! I will be back Saturday, you probably could bring your family sometimes..."

"By the way, excuse me to interrupt you, but as you come back Saturday, maybe you could join us for a meal in the evening? I spoke to Michael earlier and he agreed to join us but couldn't tell me when exactly you were to come back because of the negotiations with Mr. Cantara."

"Speaking about your brother... is he still in his office?"

"Yes he is. Do you want me to transfer you?"

"Of course! I didn't see him for two full days! I'm dying here!"

"Okay, Lucas. See you soon!"

"Oh! Maggie!"

"Yes, Lucas?"

"Thank you."

"No... thanks to you, Lucas."

...

Sorry but this is the end. Thank you each and every one who read this story, commented & voted. You are the soul of wattpad. Will miss every one of you dearly.