The accident

A/N: this is a collab work with That_One-Asshole . They are writing Mirko's POV and I am writing Izuku's. Have fun! 

Miruko's POV:

???: Mirko! We need your help over by the Grocery store! It seems as though Endeavor accidentally set it on fire!

I sighed and stopped running, putting my hand to my earpiece I replied to the hero on the other end.

Me: I'm on my way! And may I ask, how in the hell did he set a whole store on fire?!

I heard the heavy exhale of the man, a few whispered responses, and then an explosion which I heard in person, the scent of smoke filled my nostril when I rounded the corner, nearly running into the cause of said fire.

???: He said he was having a bad day.

I took a breather and ran past Endeavor, kicking him in the shin as I did so, the buff hero crumpled and cursed at me when he spotted my white hair disappearing into the smoke. I looked around when I spotted a firefighter, he seemed to have just come out of the raging fire and was holding a badly burnt corpse, the only notable thing about it was a single silver chain around the neck with a bunny pendant. The man noticed me and bowed.

Me: Hey! Is everyone ok?!

Firefighter: Yes but I think a child is still inside, I couldn't reach him and he ran up some stairs. I lost sight of him when the floor above collapsed.

He panted out looking back at the building that exploded once more, my heart stopped when the smoke let up once more, on the crumbling roof was a small figure running back and forth. My ears picked up the telltale sound of a child sobbing and coughing.

Me: The kid's on the roof! I'll get him, you guys won't reach in time and I think if I timed it right, I might be able to jump to the top.

The man didn't object and only gave me a gas mask before telling me to be careful, nodding I put it on and ran into the fire, some places had burnt out, and using these spaces I got to the storefront and looked up. The kid was staring down at me and he shouted for help, I moved back and got a running start, and using the momentum and the strength in my legs, I got to the top of the building, The child moved back as I landed on the concrete.

Me: Are you, ok little man?

Kid: Where is moma?

My breath hitched, he had bunny ears like mine, my mind immediately went to the corpse the man was carrying, it had a bunny pendant, maybe she was his mom. Shit.

Me: I'm taking you to moma, ok? Now put this on so you don't inhale any more smoke.

Kid: I want my moma!

This is why I'm never having kids.

I thought to myself as I crouched down to the kids' height. He went to move back but hot air shot up as the already weak concrete gave way. Grabbing the kid I pulled him into my chest and he clutched my hero suit tightly, his nails ripping it slightly.

Me: Look kid, I know you want your moma. Me too! I want my mom! But if you don't come with me, you'll never see her again.

Kid: I am scared... Moma *sob*

I bit my bottom lip to avoid groaning out loud in frustration. This kid is a handful.

Me: Ok. How about this? You close your eyes and I get us down from here and help you find your moma?

Kid: *sniff* Moma *sob*

He took the gas mask from my hand and tried to put it on by himself. Which didn't work. I put it on for him and picked him up, his legs wrapped around my waist tightly.

If his quirk is anything like mine, mom I'm sorry for all the time I squeezed your ribs.

I made sure my hold on the kid was tight and secure.

Me: Hey kid. Are you ready?

He nodded his head and tightened his hold on my neck, looking down I gulped and jumped. Landing on my feet, I placed the kid on the ground and shook my legs slightly to reduce the pain a little.

Me: Ok little man, let's get you to paramedics so you can get checked out and then to your moma. How bout that?

Kid: ..... MOMA!!!!

???: Hey! Kid! Is this your mom?!

I jumped, who the hell is this guy? I'm pretty sure the place is still up in flames. The man who ran up to us was a paramedic, I've been in the same fights with him sometimes. I know him well enough o know his quirk helps him to identify a person by touching them. His hand was projecting the image of a woman with green hair, her eyes were a darker shade of green, and they looked dull as if all the life was sucked from them.

Me: Hey kid, is that your moma?

Kid: *sob* Moma *sob* moma *sob*

Me: Hey hey hey, what's wrong? We can get you to her, right?

I glared at the man, he gulped and his panicked face took on a nervous expression.

???: Umm, this is all that's left of her.

I gasped and coughed a bit. He took out an urn and the necklace with the bunny pendant. I looked down at the silent kid, tears streamed down his face silently. He took the things and held the pendant to his chest.

Me: I'm so sorry kid...

I placed my hand on his head, running my hand through his hair, carefully avoiding his ears that were drooped low. Bending down to his height, I hugged him as his sobs grew louder. By now the fire was put out and the smoke was all gone. I spotted Endeavor, he was being shouted at by a woman in a business suit who I recognise as the head of the commission.

???: Hero Mirko... I'm very sorry to interrupt, but we need to get you two to the Ambulance. The child might need oxygen because of all the smoke...

I reluctantly let the kid go and we were guided to the red and white vehicle. I kept a hand on the small child, he was shaking, trying to hold in his tears. My eye caught the pendant and I tapped his shoulder, he looked up and wiped his eyes.

Me: Y'know, she might be gone but she's still here.

He gave me a look of confusion and I took the necklace.

Me: You still have this, your memories of her and she'll always be in your heart... Right?

The kid held the pendant in his hand and closed his palm around it. He looked up at me and gave a wobbly smile.

Hawks: Hey Mir, detective wants to chat with you about everything... And Ms.President wants to speak with you as well.

I nodded and looked back down at the boy. He was looking up at me with shining eyes.

Me: I have to go now... See ya around Kid.

He nodded and waved shouting his thanks to me, it warmed my heart but I still hurt for the child, his mother was gone, hope he'll be alright.