WHAT THE!!!

Miruko's POV:

I was tired, my senses were in overdrive, Keigo barged into my apartment at like- 3 in the morning and normally I wouldn't care but the unconscious child in his arms that I recognise as Izukuk Midoriya took more of my attention.

Me: Keigo where did you find him!? Why is he bleeding?! Why is he here and not in a hospital?!

The blonde was in a chair watching me as I cleaned up the child he gulped and answered me shakily.

Hawks: Because he had marks of a syringe on his neck. Where would he get that if not a hospital plus he has a pj on as well.

I groaned and looked down at the boy whose head was on my lap. I glared at the chicken on my chair and handed my card over. He was confused and I threw it causing him to barely catch the flimsy piece of plastic.

Me: His clothes are dirty and ripped. Get him some new ones.

Hawks: And what size? You know I am bad with this.

I gave him my practiced glare and check the clothes he was wearing, they looked too small.

Me: Get him a size medium from the kids section, I think the bunny quirk might make him taller than most kids his age or something... That's what happened to me.

Hawks: Got it.

Me: If you get the wrong size, I'm going to rip your feathers out.

His wings puffed up and he hurried to the window and flew off.

Stupid chicken

I continued to clean Izuku's wounds and used warm water to wipe the dirt off his skin. I carefully cleaned his ears and tried to comb out his fluffy hair. It didn't get the dirt out but his hair was free of knots and his scalp can breathe and atleast his ears won't get infected.

Me: I hope the damage isn't too bad... I might have to call Recovery girl or someone.

Izuku (whisper whining): .... No.... please..... stop....

Me(softly): Hey, it's ok. I'm not going to hurt you.

He continued to move his head around, I remembered something my mom used to do when I was a kid and I couldn't calm myself. Slowly, I brought my hand up to his hair and started petting him, his breathing picked up but he didn't move away, I continued and got closer to his ears, moving my fingernails in circles and barley grazing his scalp. His breath stuttered and he leaned in a little more.

Me: Are you awake?

He didn't answer so I knew he was asleep or a very good fake sleeper. I heard rustling by my window and I turned to see Keigo back with a few bags in his hand.

Me: If any of those are food, I'm throwing you out and banning you from my apartment.

Hawks: Actually no, I got a couple of different things, the essentials he would need for staying with ya and some toys I thought he might like.

I nodded then I remembered his obsession with Endeavor.

Me: Are any of those toys Endeavor themed?

He looked inside and then back up at me with a smug smile

Hawks: Noo but a carrot here catch!!!

I gave a barely noticeable smile and caught it.

Me: You are not funny Keigo, just hand me the pajamas and help me set up the guest bedroom a little

Hawks: My feathers are already on the work for that and... Rumi... are you sure that what he is experience is because of his quirk?

I tensed and turned to glare at the oversized vulture in my living room. He stepped back and nearly fell otu the window.

Me: What's that supposed to mean?

He gulped and sent a feather to me with pale orange pajamas.

Hawks: I mean... it doesn't look like it for me but you have the same quirk sooo what do I know.

I grumbled a took the pajamas, I carefully changed the torn ones he had on and while avoiding the wounds I just bandaged, I put on the new ones.

Me: Well Keigo, I met him once and I read his files the other day. We basically have the same quirk, he just has more rabbit characteristics and if he feels threatened he'll behave like a wild hare...

The blonde looked at me when I said the last bit with confusion.

Hawks: Oh... but seriously Rumi... what if this is all to what people did to him. You know how bad the world is and what happens to children like him.

I tried to not let my anger get the best of me and spoke calmly to Keigo.

Me: Keigo... Stop talking about this and this... Speak to me so I can share your concerns.

Hawks: But I am just concerned that someone might have actually drugged him, hurt him or who knows what. You saw the blood stain on his PJ it looked as if he caught it up. You also saw the blood around his mouth too. Rumi, I don't want to make his condition look worse than it is but....

Me: I know Kei, I'm worried too. I was planning on calling Recovery girl since she's a medical professional and she doesn't work for any doctor and if what you said is true about the syringes, we can't trust any hospitals right now. It's the most we can do for the poor bunny.

Hawks: I would offer my healer up from my agency but he is an utterly incompetent idiot.... So true..

Me: If he's an incompetent idiot... why is he still there?

Keigo gasped offended and took up the dish of water I used to clean Izuku.

Hawks: Because I can't throw him out. He is put in there by the hero commission and you know as well as me how much of a pawn I am for them.

I stopped my laughing and gazed at him, I met Keigo in our last year at UA, I transferred in and we've been friends ever since I gave him a run for his money during the sports festival.

Me: I know dude, don't worry, one day you'll be free and I'll be there to celebrate with you.

Keigo smiled as I carried Izuku in and laid him on the bed.

Hawks: Thanks Rumi.

Me: Anytime Keigo.