1

Todo POV

It has been two years since my class graduated. So did I.
I'm an apprentice or better trainee in a firm for small heroes. Since my father completely cut me off, I don't exactly have the edge I had before- meaning there's no one to boost my career as a hero with money. I don't mind though, in fact I'm pretty popular because of it. In the citizen's minds, I'm the prodigy child of a world famous hero, who decided to cut the strings to his wealthy father and decided to make something of himself through his own efforts. Apparently, I'm working myself up from the bottom, which makes me look persistent and confident.
That and my apparently exceptionally good looks are the reason why I was named 'one of the Top 5 most popular and successful upcoming heroes'. Though I don't really cate about stuff like that, it's nice to feel appreciated.

"You're Shoto, right? The hero?"
Someone asks.
I look to my left and look at two young girls, who seem to be in middle school, wearing nervous and excited smiles.

"Uh yeah"
I chuckle embarrassed.

"Can we get a picture?"
One asks, the other just states at me with a now flustered expression.

"....sure"
I say and take off the black hat and black face mask, covering halt of my face.
They hold up their phone and I carefully put my arms around them, grinning as the camera snaps three pictures of us.

"Thank you so much!"
One of the girls says with a wide smile and adorably red cheeks, clutching the phone with the bright pink case in her hands.
"We're big fans"

"Well, thanks a lot for the support."
I answer as I put my failed disguise back on.

"Because our quirks aren't that good we can't become heroes, but-"

"Don't say that!"
I cut her off.
"Everyone can be a hero in their own way. Even if it's just to one person. You just have to find that one person, that makes you a hero"

The girls stare at me, then turn around and squeal in exaggerated excitement.

"Thank you! We love you so much!"
They say as they walk away, I smile under my mask and wave.

"You...seriously"
Mina sighs next to me and leans ony shoulder.
"Making underage girls swoon over you... you're terrible"

"What?"
I ask, pretending to be offended.

"You heard me"
She mutters annoyed and looks at the magazine in my hand.

"Wow~"
She says and raises her eyebrows.
"Can you belive you used to date a guy like that?"

I look down at Bakugou on the magazine's cover. He's posing kind of seductively, glaring into the camera. On the back side of the magazine is Deku, with a goofy grin, waving into the camera. There's an article in this magazine about the two of them sharing first place in overall popularity and skills as up-and-coming heroes. The media has been very focused on them lately. I keep seeing articles about them in every other magazine. Those gossip magazines obsess over the two of them. Especially because they're polar opposite personalities.

"Yup"
I answer.
"The point being that I used to"

After we graduated, Bakugou and myself moved into a cozy little apparently, which he paid for. Both of us were so consumed in building stable, reliable and good careers, we ended up spending less and less time together despite living together. Also, he had to go away for work all the time...We faught all the time- mostly over the little things, like a married couple that clearly can't stand each other but is afraid of change and just won't break up.
It was like we'd hit a wall, we just could climb or go around.
Then, half a year ago, Bakugou was fed up and-