Chapter 3: The First Month

LISA'S POV

The moment the flight landed, I texted both Jennie and Chaeyoung that I'm safe. It feels really weird to be on my own. I've always had Chaeyoung.

The management has rented an apartment for my stay this 1 year. And honestly, I think I'm able to count the days which I would actually be staying here when most days, I'm on the road.

I really miss Jennie already. Sigh. This project is going to be good for my portfolio. Claud has told me this is the biggest for anyone of us here in Kweenz. I don't want to be a backup dancer forever. I love being one. But I wanted to do more and this job would be a great stepping stone.

The first 3 weeks came and went by quickly. Jennie and I went into a routine to video call for an hour at the same time everyday since our schedule was fixed for the first month.

My rehearsals for Taylor's concert tour runs for the whole month before we set off on tour. Starting with the American leg. Us dancers didn't know each other, so on the first day couple of days, it was a lot of getting to know each other. Everyone's a in a relationship of some sort. And I told them that I have someone as well, leaving the part where my girlfriend is actually an idol out. We understood each other, how tough it is to be apart from our partners. So we always gave each other space to have calls with them outside of rehearsals.

<Incoming Call: Jennie>

Lisa: Hi baby!

Jennie: Hi hun, you look beautiful today. Are you heading out?

Lisa: Yeah. Taylor's buying us dinner so I'll be heading out after our call.

Jennie: I miss you. Don't know how I survived this 1 month without you.

Lisa: Me too. 11 months to go. I'm starting to see how the distance has affected some of the dancers. I don't feel so alone.

Jennie: Really? How are they coping?

Lisa: A couple of them are starting to have fights or are on the verge of breaking up. Sometimes that scares me.

Jennie: We'll make it work babe.

Lisa: I know. Cause I have the most understanding and supportive girlfriend in the world!!!!

Jennie: I'm glad you know that! Hahahaha!

Lisa: You're going to start your rehearsals too right?

Jennie: Yup! I only have 3 shows to prepare for. The management decided that for this show, we want to bring together fans from all over the world. So they are offering international fans packages that includes the concert ticket and hotel stays.

Lisa: Wow! That sounds amazing! At least you won't get travel fatigue.

Jennie: Yeah and you know I don't like that.

Lisa: Gosh I want to be there for your show! Are the dates set?

Jennie: Not yet, but there are a few sets of dates. I'll let you know once it's confirmed.

Lisa: Okay! Looks like we are both going to be busy starting next week.

Jennie: Lisa, let's be strong okay?

Lisa: I will baby, I just miss you so much.

Jennie: Me too.

Lisa: Please be safe while at rehearsals okay? Your hero is not there to save you and I don't want anyone taking my role.

Jennie: Hahahah! I will, no one else will get that chance.

Lisa: Good. God I just want to kiss you.

Jennie: Me too..

Lisa: Babe, are you okay? Why is your face so red?

Jennie: I-i..

Lisa: What is it?

Jennie: I'm just a little turned on.

Lisa: Like now? Hahahahaha!!

Jennie: It's not funny! We've not had sex together and I can't help but let my imagination run.

Lisa: You're not alone on this babe. I think of you a lot when I'm in the shower.

Jennie: Now you're turning red.

Lisa: Maybe we could... you know?? I mean.. if you want.. I thought...

Jennie: Yes okay.

Lisa: I didn't even say what is it.

Jennie: Will you even be able to say it.

Lisa: Shit, you're right.

Jennie: So tomorrow? During our call?

Lisa: Fuck.. Now how am I supposed to head out when this is all I can think about.

Jennie: Oh believe me. I'll be thinking about it through my concert meeting later as well.

Lisa: Jennie Kim, the things you do to me. Ugh!

Jennie: You have the same effect on me Lisa Manoban. Hahaha! You better go. Don't be late.

Lisa: Okay baby. Have a good day. I'm looking forward to our call. I love you!

Jennie: And I love you!

<Call Ends>