Fireworks

fyi i think chapa would have ptsd from the sound of fireworks so yeah-

TW: MENTIONS OF GUNSHOTS

Chapas POV:

'Come on! It'll be fun!'

I just stared at the text Mika sent.

I didn't know what to do or how to respond.

She was asking me to come to a new years party.

Every year there was fireworks. I hate fireworks. Specifically the sound.

It sounds like gunshots. which i really, really hate.

a text from y/n popped up on my screen.

'is mika bothering u to go to a party?'

'yes.'

'thank god i'm not the only one.'

'she said there would be fireworks. i really don't like them. what should i say?'

'just say you don't like them.'

'but i don't wanna disappoint her.'

'here, we both go, but stick with each other. nobody's disappointing anyone.'

I thought about it for a moment.

'ok.'

i put my phone down and sighed.

how was i supposed to tell y/n or mika about my fear?

time skip at the party

(still chapas pov)

i sat in the corner.

the party was being held on a rooftop of some coffee shop (if u get the reference i love u).

y/n hadn't arrived yet. i was scared she wasn't coming.

the door opened and a group of teenagers walked out.

the door was caught before it fully closed.

y/n pushed it open and noticed me in the corner beside the door.

"hi." she said, pushing the door open enough for her to get through.

"hi." i responded as she sat down.

"why did you not wanna come in the first place?" she asked as i lied my head down on her shoulder.

"the fireworks. i don't like the sound." i answered quietly. quiet enough for her to hear but no one else.

just then, we both clearly heard a boy yell 'FIREWORKSS!!'

i sat up quickly and moved back into my corner and hugged my legs.

i watched as the began to set them off.

a bunch of loud bangs went as i covered my ears and tried to calm my breathing.

y/n clearly noticed as she crawled over to me and hugged me tight.

most of them time, fireworks were short, but this time, they were three minutes longer.

i began to cry after hearing the bang the 50th time.

it stopped for a second, then went off again. it seemed to be even louder this time.

i flinched and screamed. y/n held me tighter, holding my hands over my ears.

they stopped soon after that.

everyone was cheering and clapping.

My face was still buried into my knees.

i heard someone walk over.

"Chapa? you okay?" Mika asked, putting a hand on my shoulder.

y/n helped me stand up as i wiped my tears away.

"Were gonna go now." y/n said, walking away while holding my hand.

we opened the creaky door and slowly walked down the steps.

y/n called her mom to pick us up.

in the meantime, we sat inside the closed coffee shop, watching videos of ray being stupid, gullible, and just straight up weird.

time skip

on the way to y/ns house, we both sat in the back, looking up at the stars.

i think it's the first time someones ever brought me as much comfort as y/n did today.

———————

anyway backstory behind her fear - (just this little story i made up)

when chapa was little, she stayed at her grandmothers house a lot as her parents to work. one day, everything was going great, that was until somebody broke in.

little chapa was sitting at the dining room table drawing, when she heard a loud gunshot and her grandmother scream.

it took her a minute to realize what was happening, but as soon as she did, she started to silently cry.

chapa ran out of the house and all the way back home, not caring about her belongings or safety. she just wanted to get home.

she stayed up all night that night, scared about what happened and worried if her grandmother was okay.

her grandmother did not make it.

8 years later, that memory comes back every few weeks and scares her.

she tried everything to make that horrific memory go away but nothing helped.