Chapter 9 Sinkhole

Amu found herself in the bathroom once more, alone. Her guardian characters not being around has really taken a toll on her and her mental state. Everything has been taking a toll on her mental state. Amu just stared at herself blankly, her eyes were red and puffy. Completely discolored eye bags complimented her look. She hadn't been sleeping well the last couple of days. Her mind went back to the events on the roof, somehow she felt relief over everything. But her mind raced back to how empty this all is going to make her feel, she lost someone yet again. Maybe I shouldn't be here, Amu thought. Amu thought about her friends and how much she has been a burden to all of them. She was indeed hurt and upset with Rima and Yaya, how could they not come to her first? Amu couldn't find it in her to blame them, she knew she had been hiding the way she's been feeling behind a facade, a mask so thick it was suffocating her. The school day was almost over but Amu couldn't bare being there anymore. Amu gather her things, splashed cold water on her face, and headed to the nurse's office. Maybe, she thought, if I just say I don't feel well they will just let me stay there until the end of the day.

Rima got a message from Nagi saying they wanted to have an old council meeting after school at their old elementary school. Apparently, Tadase had called their old principal and planetarium keeper asking him if it was okay to stop by for a visit. Of course, he approved. Rima texted Yaya telling her about their plans after school.

Hey Yaya. Tadase made plans to go to the council gardens after school. Can you make it?

- Rima

OMG! We're going to our old elementary school! How cool! Yes! I'll tell Kairi-chan! <333...What about Amu-chi?

-Yaya-chan

I'm sure Tadase will tell her.

- Rima

Tadase made his way out of the student council room, after talking to the president. He was going to take over for next year's student council so he had to make sure he was prepared. He waved to a couple of his classmates and spotted someone coming out of the nurse's office.

"Amu!" Tadase waved over Amu. Amu turned around and walked in his direction. Amu yawned stretching her arms and placing a hand over her mouth before saying a proper hello to him. "Hey Tadase, what's up." Tadase concerned placed his hand gently over Amu's forehead. Amu flinched putting her hands up, What's his deal all of sudden?

"Sorry, I was checking to see if you had some sort of fever. " "You could've just asked," Amu said defensively. "I'm sorry" Tadase straightened up " for imposing on you."  Amu just shrugged her shoulders and adjusted her backpack. "Is there something you needed?" "Uh, Yes. Everyone is going to our old elementary school to visit the planetarium keeper. I was wondering if you would like to come too." A memory pushed itself forward of her old principal being extremely close to Ikuto. Maybe he-, her mind stop before even finishing. "I'm sorry, I actually am not feeling very well. I should probably head home." Amu waved goodbye and started to walk off before Tadase grabbed her gently by her arm. Tadase stared intensely into her eyes. He got closer to Amu, placing a fallen strand of hair back behind her ear. "You should come. It's important." Amu couldn't catch her breath for a second she felt like she was back in middle school. Tadase got taller, and his eyes and demeanor matured. His voice was deeper too. "Okay"

-

Amu and Tadase stayed quiet as they walked through the hallways, occasionally Tadase would greet someone or say hello to a teacher. They finally met up with everyone near an oak tree outside of the school's gate. "Hey, Amu!" Kukai came in with the biggest bear hug. Amu didn't resist it, she just accepted and greet him. Everyone said hello but there was the biggest grayest elephant. Rima quietly said hello to Amu and Amu said hello. Yaya was tempted to give her the cheerest, hello but Amu just gave her a weak smile in return. "Let's get going" Tadase instructed and slid his hand into Amu. Without a word he lead the rest of the group to their old elementry school.
Amu looked down at her hands intertwined with Tadase's. It didn't feel uncomfortable, she just let him guide her throughout the busy streets and quiet neighborhoods. Everyone else behind her was laughing and smiling. Amu glanced behind her and saw her friends. She saw them hand in hand with one another laughing and coexsiting. Rima was latched onto Nagishiko's side as he guided her through the side walk. Nagi laughed along everyone but never detaching himself from Rima. Rima felt protected. Amu envied what they had. She envied everyone. Everyone had such a radient light almost blinding her. Amu realizing how empty she was feeling.