Chapter 6 wild fire

The tip of Amu's pencil broke due to the pressure of her hand, she had a 3-page essay to write and she had to brainstorm in class. It was about "the most heroic thing you've ever done", pretty cheesy, Amu thought. Amu placed her pencil down and looked over to the window, Why isn't he here? Zero hadn't come to school today, which was weird. Zero, for the most part, was a pretty okay student and wouldn't he had told her he was planning to miss? Amu couldn't shake this horrible feeling in her chest about everything. Amu rested her hand on her palm looking out the window, the class continued without her. Her page was blank but her mind wasn't, her mind was flooded, pooled with thoughts about Zero. He didn't even call me yesterday.

"Attention students, music affairs will be canceled until further notice. Remember to not leave trash around the property during lunchtime or if caught you will be sent to detention."

Amu swung her bag over her shoulder making her way towards the cafeteria. "This sucks! I was looking forward to playing the cello!" "Dude I just got my trumpet cleaned!" Amu so happened to catch the fellow student's conversations and she made her way towards the cafeteria. As she walked she immediately caught someone's attention, "Shiki-san" Amu muttered to herself. Zero's friend, Amu thought, she quickly walked through the students and through lunchlines and finally caught Shiki-san and the rest of Zero's friend at a round table. They were obnoxious and littering all over the area they gathered. "Yo, Shiki-san", Amu spoked as confidently as she could to disguise her insecurity. Shiki-san was caught off guard seeing Hinamori Amu, "Yo Hinamori-san, what can we do for you?" Shiki said sitting on top of the lunch table, continuing with his already bitten apple. "Maybe she got tired of Zero" the other boys laughed, pushing each other and one of them stood up. "I'm more suited for you Amu-chan!" He stepped forward and tried to grab Amu's hand, but quickly Amu pushed him off. "I'm not here for any of you, so don't flatter your self" Amu retorted, "I just want to know if Zero told you why he wasn't going to come to school today?" Amu crossed her arms, expecting a quick answer but Shiki-san took another bite of his apple. Shiki looked up at Amu and he read her expression and he sighed, "Have him tell you" Shiki said. "My best advice Amu" he stood up and leaned into Amu, tucking a pink strand of hair behind her ear. "Leave him" Shiki whispered, leaving Amu frightened and stunned. Shiki-san tossed his unfinished apple to the nearest trash can and returned to his table. Amu stormed out of the cafeteria.

Amu barged into the girl's bathroom, checking if any stalls were taken. She opened and peeked through all the stalls before locking the bathroom door. Amu hurried, opened a bathroom stall and locked her self inside sitting on the toilet seat. Her heart began to race and felt like she couldn't breathe, soon the bathroom stall walls began to spin. Amu felt trapped, thinking the stall was getting smaller by the second. Amu clenched onto her throat, breathing and heaping heavily trying to get air to escape into her lung. Then, everything stopped. A thought peered into her mind, call him.

Zero was abruptly woken up to the sound of his phone vibrating. Zero was embraced by a small figure next to him in his bed. "Good morning," Yuki said pecking Zero's bare chest, "My phone's ringing" "Here I'll get it." Yuki reached for his pants that were sprawled out on the wood floor. Yuki reached into his pocket and Zero quickly grabbed his phone jumping out from his bed. Amu. The phone screen read with a picture of her face popping up on the screen. Zero blood rushed down to his feet. He just let the phone ring, then it stopped, then her face appeared once again as the ringing continued. "Are you not going to answer?" Yuki asked, "I think you should go" "What?"Yuki looked surprised. "Are you okay Zero?" Zero slid down the wall sitting on the floor, in only his underwear. "I'm terrible Yuki."

Amu looked at her phone, as she was still locked inside the girl's bathroom. She started to cry, tears rushing down her face, onto her phone screen. Fighting the thoughts inside her mind, thinking of one possible scenario. Amu was interrupted by her thoughts as she heard someone knocking on the bathroom door. "Amu?"Rima Amu was relieved. "Some girls saw you go in here, are you okay?" Amu unlocked the bathroom stall coming face to face with herself in the mirror. Her face was red and puffy and looked like she hasn't slept in days, well because she hasn't. Amu wiped her face and tears with the sleeves of her uniform. She looked down at her bag and remembered her charas were sleeping, Thank God they would've been worried. "Amu!" "Coming!" Amu unlocked the bathroom door to reveal herself. "Amu!" Rima hugged her.