prologue : new

THE SONGS ON THE RADIO ARE OKAY

Things started out like they usually do. One who wasn't known for loving anyone in particular and another who wasn't known to be loved.

Kaoru Hiitachin may not have been the most known or noticeable of the bunch, but he did catch one person's eye. So, feeling a little gracious (and lonely), m/n decided to check out this infamous host club.

What bad could happen?

If he had a dime for every time he said that... he would have about 20 cents. The last time didn't notably go his way, but we don't talk about that. It was something new, something to get him out of his bubble.

M/n walked throughout the pink club, dismissing any advances from the other hosts and heading straight for the one he had heard nothing about. 

All of his friends, many of them girls or gays, spoke about the charming Tamaki or the stoic Kyoya. Some spoke of Honey, Mori, Haruhi, and the twins. But no one spoke of them as if they were their own individual person. 

In fact, they had always been a pair. No one regarded them as anything different. Not even themselves. 

So what were they to do when a customer asked only for Kaoru? 

the next day...

"Only a rose should be deemed fit for such a lovely person." A peculiar blond boy walked up to his new guest. The host club didn't usually get male visitors, but there were special cases like m/n. "For a flower is a perfect comparison to one's beauty, I'm blessed to bestow one upon you."

Is this sweet talk or small talk? I can't remember the word for it.

The silence plagued the middle of the room while the 4 corners were full of chatter.

A shy customer? Not a problem! Tamaki figured he could deal with this without a second thought. But before he could pull another compliment out of his pocket, m/n headed swiftly on his heel and walked out the large doors.

Tamaki stood there, much too stunned to speak. Now that had never happened to him.

--

M/n came back. Every. Single. Day.

At the exact same time.

And every single time, Tamaki greeted him with a smile and a new flower. 6 days had passed and the only difference was that his ego was taking a hit. Who was this boy and what did he want? More than that, why did he keep coming back?

On the seventh day, there was a shift in the air. He had come 5 minutes earlier than usual. Kyoya was the one at the front since Tamaki was still entertaining other girls. But every day, he had finished just in time for m/n's arrival.

Without a word, he watched these girls swoon over the boy who had been trying to get his attention for a week. It made him laugh a little. The host club all watched as the blonde did his daily routine and walked slowly to the door to greet m/n.

He was met with the same face he was every day, but his head snapped over to the silver watch on his wrist. "Y-You're early!" He announced; the host club deadpanning at the glaringly obvious statement he just made.

One host club member watching very particularly.

Silently, like every other day, they made an exchange of flowers. However, on this day it was m/n's turn. He silently placed a pink tulip in the other male's hands. Tamaki, sputtering all kinds of nonsense, took the gift and grinned.

"Thank you." He said, a childlike grin still quite apparent. Like a child eating ice cream for dinner, m/n smiled back. Then he turned around, just like every other day, yet headed in a different direction. 

"Kaoru?" 

The host club had yet to hear the male speak. Any negative thoughts the ginger once had completely dissipated once the name was uttered. 

"Yes?" He spoke meekly, barely holding himself up in anticipation. 

M/n pulled out yet another elegant flower, though it wasn't a rose like he hoped. Instead, it was a begonia. A small flower with a powerful meaning. 

It symbolizes uniqueness, harmony, gratitude, and caution

BUT MY TASTE IN MUSIC IS YOUR FACE