chapter three: lily

lily

the flower of purity

"I don't know what to say to him, Kyoya!" Tamaki whined on the phone with his best friend. they had quickly reconciled after Tamaki realized he couldn't go one more second without his beloved Kyoya.

The male sighed into his empty room, letting it bounce off the walls that shackled him there. "Why don't you just talk to him-"

of course that theory was struck down quickly.

"I TRIED!! He's a year older than us and it's so intimidating around all those grampa's!"

"You do know that they're only a year older than us, right?"

The blond sighed into his pillow for the nth time that night. "I kn-" His words were cut off by the unfamiliar notification sound.

An unregistered number...

"Tamaki? Are you alright?"

xxx-xxx-xxxx
meet me under the blossom tree at lunch tomorrow

Well, admirers weren't uncommon for him, but they certainly didn't go to such lengths as getting his number.

"Yes I'm fine. Goodnight Kyoya!"

"Goodni-"

Tamaki hung up just and just as quickly went to reply to the unknown text. unfortunately, someone else bombarded him with a flood of messages.

He looked down at the screen to see who interrupted his thinking time (as he likes to call it). Kaoru...

my enemy
Tamaki
ta
ma
ki
T
A
M
A

me

WHAT DO YOU WANT

my enemy
mf I want done
K
I
but anyway
DID YOU GET M/N'S TEXT TOO

Now Tamaki was freaking out.
what text?
THE MYSTERIOUS BLOSSOM TREE TEXT??
THAT WAS M/N???

me
UM YES?

my enemy
oh
ew
alr

the conversation stopped there. neither of them really wished to continue it. m/n had truly put an irreparable dent in the pair's friendship without even knowing it.

he didn't mean to do it, though, he didn't really care either way. as long as he got one of them on his side it wouldn't matter.

m/n was the type of person to say the means justify the end. and he really needed them in the end. it was for a project that he would need all the help in the world for. and only the richest most successful people could help him.

was he manipulating them? maybe. but is it really manipulating if they're enjoying it?

the next day, just as he said, m/n met with the two boys under the cherry blossom tree. it had just begun to bloom yet it seemed almost naked from leaves.

"an invitation." he proclaimed, setting one down in Tamaki's hand and one down in Kaoru's.

"May I ask why?" Kaoru asked, flaunting his innocent doe eyes at the smallest opportunities. Tamaki only scowled in his direction.

"it's a... ball of sorts. bring a plus one if you'd like but they'll be plenty of prospects if you so please." as he spoke they could both feel a venom dripping from his words, as if they were as fake as plastic.

"And if you don't, I will be there awaiting your arrival with a drink in hand."

it was the way he spoke, they couldn't describe it. maybe it was the elegance or the politeness. something in his voice made them crumble to their knees (both literally and figuratively). he was a deadly sight for sore eyes and they were the ones lucky enough to be graced.

like I said, they're enjoying it. why not have a little fun while I'm at it?

short, but at least I posted 😴🙏