chapter one.

"Today is your first day, Amelia. Don't cause trouble." My mother says as I finished getting dressed. Today was my first day at my new school so I wanted myself to look more appreciable; a black dress, black knee high socks, some white converse trainers and a dark green sleeveless jacket.

I turned to look at her. "I wont, mom." We just moved from California to Texas and I have to say, it's great out here! I miss California though. I left my two best friends. Katie and Penelope.

"I'm just saying, Amelia. I know you won't, but I'm just giving a heads up.. So, are you going to try out for the cheer leading team? I know you wanted to." She says as I am eating breakfast.

"Yeah. I think it's at lunch. Hopefully I make it through." I said, getting my bag and sitting in the car with her. My dad doesn't live with us anymore.. He and my mother divorced when I was 7 years old, due to constant fighting and disagreements. He moved out to Texas too, in a different house, so he could be close to me.

I kiss my mom goodbye and let out a breath. I looked up and sigh before walking inside of my new school. As I got my schedule, a blond girl comes up to me with a huge smile on her face. "Hi, I'm Bella! What's you're name?" She asked me. Bella could actually be my first friend, so I gave her a small smile back.

"Amelia Summers. It's my first day here." I reply, taking in the sight.

"Cool! I can tell." She laughs at the end and shows me around. We had the same classes until Lunch, which was when she introduced me to her friends, Pepper and Sophie. "Guys, this is Amelia. She just joined the school," She says.

I smile and wave at Pepper. As I give a smile to Sophie, she rolls her eyes, causing me to frown. "So, I heard you wanted to try out for the cheer leading team. You can come to tryouts which start now." Pepper said so I nod and me, Bella and pepper walk to the changing room, Sophie close behind.

After I got changed, I tied my brown hair into a high ponytail as I walk out to the field. "I'm ms Daniels, I am the cheer leading coach! If you would just like to wait by the side until were done with everybody." She shook my hand so I obeyed her orders and stood by the sidelines.

I couldn't help but watch the boys that play football. There was one who caught my eye. When he realized I was staring at him, he smiles, making me turn away and blush.

Of course, when you spot a really cute boy, you have to go and ruin it don't you Amelia?!

"Amelia Summers, you're up!" Coach Daniels yells. I snapped back to reality as the music played. I did some flips and some tricks. When I landed back on my feet, everyone clapped. Except for Sophie.

Why doesn't she like me? What have I done wrong? I guess that's what comes to you when you show up at a new school.

"Welcome to the team," Coach winked, making me jump in happiness. I hug Pepper and Bella but not Sophie.

"Dont cause any trouble."

I remember what my mom says and I step away from her. "Alright, so why don't we go to our celebration center to celebrate you getting a spot on the team!" Bella suggests and all of us agree. I smile at them and walk to the rooms.

Once I was changed, I take my hair out of my ponytail and just walk with the girls to that place they were telling me about. We talked and played 21 questions. I found out that Bella is a quarterback on the bulldogs football team, alongside this Troy guy.