chapter three

I got to school to find everyone staring at me and laughing. There were some posters with my face on it, I had pretty good eyesight so I could read it from where I was standing. It said 'Amelia Summers, a loner?' My face was drawn on with a sharpie. Moustaches were made, devil horns for drawn.

I tried to take them all down without breaking. I knew who it was. Yesterday, when it happened, they all had sent me texts but I didn't reply. I had enough. She was so rude to me and I didn't know why.

I take the posters and walk to the bin, throwing them in with disgust. Then, I finally reach my locker and open it as a letter falls out of it. Picking it up, I opened it and started reading it in my head:

Dear Amelia,

Everything that happened yesterday was not me okay. At the game, I was waiting for you because I wanted to tell you how I felt but you weren't there. Sophie kept looking for someone who I assume was you. Then when she saw you, she made sure that you saw her kiss me. I didn't kiss her back. She had a tight grip on me so I couldn't pull away.

I like you. Not her.

I sighed as I read the scruffy handwriting and frowned when I saw Sophie turn a corner. “Came to make kiss him in front of me again, Sophie?” I said, putting the letter back inside and looking at her.

“Actually, yes. But, he's outside practicing so I can't do that.” She remarked.

“Will you just quit it?!” I yelled and slammed my locker, storming to Bella and Pepper. “You okay? I heard some shouting from over there.” Pepper says and I nod, playing with my bag strap on my shoulder. “Yeah, just Sophie annoying me again.” I replied.

We then walked to the first class of the day. Me and Bella having English while Pepper had maths.

This is going to be a long day...

-

After I had my lunch, I went to the changing rooms and changed into my cheer leading uniform. I tied my shoe while Pepper tied the bow in my hair. “Coach wants to talk to you, Sophie.” Pepper remembered, while tying her hair up.

“Why?” Sophie asked, uninterested.

“Dont know, and I don't really care. Go ask her yourself when you get there!” Pepper spat.

We walked out to the field as coach tells me I'm going to do the pyramid and the toss. I stood on Katherine & Jessie's hands as they tossed me up. I landed carefully in Pepper's arms. “Keep on practicing that toss Summers! You're good but not too good.” She said and I nod.