chapter two

I walk through the hallway of school and give a sigh as I open up my locker. I'm putting my books inside and get adjust my bag on my shoulder. Closing, my locker door, I felt someone's presence on me. Sawyer. Again.

“Hello,” I smiled. “Hi. Bella wanted me to check on you.” He says, putting his hands in his pocket. “Oh, I-I'm good.. You know what, I think someone just called me over there, got to go!” I hurrily rush away because I wanted to avoid that situation. Today is the football game so I'm going have to be on the field.

As I see Bella, I walk over to her and frown when I see Sophie. “Hey guys..” I trail off, giving a small smile to Bella and Pepper. “Hey, Amelia. I think coach wanted to talk to you, she's out on the field. I'll catch up with you at the game!” Bella said and I nod, waving before leaving.

“Coach Daniels. Bella said you wanted to see me.” I said once I got outside. Sawyer and the rest were out practicing. When he spotted me, he gave me a small smile which I returned. He was so darn cute-

“Yes, I did, Amelia! I wanted to know if you would be up to be doing the toss. Of course, you will be the one lifted up. I wanted to make sure so I could have you down for tonight.” She says.

My eyes widen as I nod eagerly. “Yes! I'll do it! Thank you so much.” She turned to look at me, with her eyebrows scrunched up. “Summers, you do know how to do what you have to do in the toss, right? Because if you don't, I don't think your eight for it.”

I shook my head at her. “I can do it! I've been doing it ever since I was 10.” I tell her and she gives me a thumbs up.

It's been a two month since I first joined the school and so far, sawyer, Bella and Pepper have been the nicest to me. Including the boys on the football team. Since the incident at Starcade with Sophie, I have not spoken to her. 

-

“I heard you're doing the toss! You do know I'm is the one who is going to catch you, right? Seeing as Bella is playing football.” Pepper tells me as I tie my hair up in a high ponytail. My eyes widen and my heart beats really quickly.

What if she drops me on purpose? I'll fall. Break my ankle or any bone in my body. Be a laughing stock. She'll continue to hate me.

Why?!!! I mean, I don't mind Pepper, but, what if she does drop me?!!

“I'll make sure I dont drop you, Amelia. Don't worry.” Pepper chuckles before walking to the door until she stopped. “You comin'?” She asked and I nod. “Yeah. I'll out in a minute! Just need to do my shoes and my bow!” I tell her.

She left and that left me alone with Sophie. It was awkward and quiet. Once I finished tying my shoes, she walks to the door and I watch her. Then all of a sudden, she locks it, causing me to run to the door and try to open it. “Have fun trying to do the toss! Oh and, I'll be with Sawyer. Doing, who knows what..” Those were the last words I heard from her.

I screamed in anger and put the bow in my hair. “Only a few minutes till the cheerleaders bit! I've got to get out of here!” I say to myself. Placing a hand on my hip, I look for things. When I had nothing, I walk to the door and jam it with my foot, trying to open it.