chapter four

“Bye Dad, love you.” I say to my dad and kiss him on the cheek before opening the door to get out. “Bye princess, love you too.” He says before driving away. I decided to stay at my dad's house because of what sawyer told me about my mother. I don't want to talk to her at the moment.

I mean, like, why on earth would you go telling him that? Isn't that invading my private life? She always meddles into things and UGH.

Opening my locker, I took out the books I needed and put them in my bag because I didn't really want to carry them. “Hi,” I heard so I shut my locker and turned around to find Bella and this girl, pepper and Sophie. I gagged in my mind at the sight of her.

“Hello.” I waved, sending a smile.

She introduced me to this girl, Nikki. Seeing as Bella is on the football team, she can't do cheer leading so they got Nikki to fill in for her. “Hi, I'm Amelia.” I said and she shook my hand, smiling.

“Okay, guys, I've got to go to my lesson. Catch up with you later! By the way nice meeting you, Nikki!” I yelled, trying to get to my class. “Miss Summers, late?” The teacher says as I roll my eyes. She does not like me for some reason.

****

I go to get my lunch and sit at a table outside. Seeing as I'm banned from cheer leading, I can't really do anything. I must look like a loner right now. “Howdy.” Sawyer said, making me drop my fork. He gave me this grin and I blushed for some reason.

“Hello.” I replied, sipping my drink.

“So, uh, um, how are ya?” He asks. I shrug, “Bored.” I replied simply. He sat opposite me and stared. “Is it because of Daniels banning you?” I nod.

“Sorry about that.. I have to go practice. See you.” He sent me a smile and I returned it and waved. I finished lunch and decided to go to the field, but this time, I watched from the bench.

“Summers, you are not allowed to be here!” Coach Daniels yelled and blew her whistle at me. I raised my eyebrow at her. “Well, I'm not dressed in the uniform, I'm not actually practicing and I'm not sure you can see it, but, I'm sitting on the bench. Not doing anything.” I replied.

She scrunches up her eyebrows before turning her attention back to the team. “Coach, you have to let her back on the team! She's the best player on the team–” Pepper starts before looking back at the team. “No offence girls. I mean, she can do the toss, she's the only one who can go the highest on the pyramid! You have to let her back on!” She added.

I smiled at her. Coach groaned and finally let's me back on the team. I could see Sophie roll her eyes. I then walk to the changing rooms and end up changing into the cheer leading uniform. I tie my hair up before walking back on the field with everybody smiling at me.

I wave at Bella and look at the girls on the pyramid. Pepper holds out her hand so I step on it and it went on for a while until I was the highest. "Smile for the picture ladies!" Coach yelled so we did as we were told. My legs started to shake so I did a backflip and ended back on the ground.

We practiced for a while until we were done. "Hey, Girl! I saw you up there!" Bella gushes and I thank her. "Yep! All thanks to Pepper!" I smiled as she came closer to us. "You guys want to go to Starcade for some pizza?" She asked and we agreed.

"Mind if we join you guys?" Troy asked, and we nodded. Soon after we were changed, we arrived at Starcade. I sat next to Sawyer with Pepper and Newt in the middle and Troy and Bella in front of me and Sawyer. As of now, we were talking about the upcoming game.

"Headmaster wants everyone back at school." Sophie comes up to us with a rude attitude. Sawyer slides out and offers his hand so I could get up which I gladly accepted. All of us walked back to the school in complete silence. I was surprised about the fact that I found it comfortable.

Once classes were finished, I went to my locker to collect my books. "Hey, Amelia. Are you free tonight?" Bella asked. I looked at her and closed my locker. "Yeah." I reply. Sophie was eyeing me in the corner with a little smirk before giggling with her friends.

As I am checking my bag for my phone, she walks past us and pulls a rope. I looked up to find cracked eggs falling. Before I could move away, it hit me along with cold water. I was drenched.

"Sophie stop!" I heard Bella scream at her. I wiped the eggs away from my eyes and angrily threw it on the floor. "Stop what?" Sophie says, innocently.

"Why do you keep being mean to her?! That's bullying, if you didn't know. You know what, just stay away from us." Bella says, disgusted.

I turned to Sophie who was a few meters away from my face. "Leave Sawyer alone. He's mine and will always be."

My eyes widened and I could feel my heart crack a little. "What is your deal with Sawyer? Sawyer this, Sawyer that! If you like him so much then leave me alone. I'm not stopping you from talking to him."

She gave a sarcastic laugh, "You are stopping me! He likes you. Unfortunately. Just shut up. He'll never date you. Who would want to?" She giggled at the end.

"You shut up. Sophie you are one of the most mean, ignorant, rude and annoying people I have ever met! You never fail to make anyone upset, I hope you know that." I told her, satisfied with myself. I then walk away to th girls bathroom, leaving everyone stunned.

I place my bag down and stare at myself in the mirror. My hair was soaked and little bit of eggs were seen. My clothes were wet with eggs and water. Sighing, Unopened the tap and started to remove the eggs out of my hair, wetting it with water every now and then.

I tried to get it off my clothes but there was no use. Bella comes in with a sympathetic look on her face. "You're dads outside." She tells me and I nod, blinking away the tears. "I'm sorry, Bella. But I don't think I'm up to coming over today." I apologized and she shook her head, "Don't worry, it's fine!"

"I might not come to school tomorrow. If anybody asks, could you tell them that I'm sick?" I said and she nodded. "Sure but sick?" She says.

"Yeah." I giggled. "You never know, I may do after having eggs and water thrown at me."

She quietly laughed and gave me a hug. "There's a back entrance if you don't want to face everyone." She points and I thank her. I'm outside and I suddenly start to feel really cold. My dad meets me halfway and gives me a hug. He goes to his side of the car and as I'm about to get in, I heard my name being called.

Sawyer.

"Yeah?" I ask, walking closer. "Are you okay?" He said. I nodded, wrapping the blanket my dad gave me, closer to my body. "I just wanted to know.. Anyway, um, bye." He waved and suddenly ran away, making me sigh.

"Mine or your mom's house?" Dad asked once I sat inside. "Yours." I replied. Me and my mother aren't exactly on talking terms after what I heard from Sawyer. "Alright princess." Dad kisses my forehead before pulling away from the school. Laying my head on the window, I shut