currently beating up the author

"Alright class, turn to page 320."

If I had a choice, I'd go back to being an oblivious extra. Then, I'd be able to skip so many more math classes. But no. I sighed, opening my math book but paying no attention to the lesson.

Finally, the bell rang. I stood up, but immediately straightened as the sound of a page flipping echoed in his ears. Eric stood up from his seat and pushed me down. "Out of my way, loser."

You know, I've always felt bad for Eric. He always was forced to say lame insults and be mean when he's truly the sweetest person I knew. My journal is filled with curses towards the author because of Eric's character. So, I forgave him for calling me a loser, because I kind of am one.

Eric made his way towards Changmin, sitting down in front of him. "Ya. Is it fun?"

Changmin looked up, visibly confused. His eyes held slight fear. Eric scoffed when he didn't answer. "Do you really need a foreigner like me to explain simple words to you? I asked if it's fun flirting with Juyeon like he's yours."

"I-I'm not flirting with him–"

"Ya." Eric pulled Changmin closer by his tie. "You think you and him are gonna last? He's just playing with you. Once he gets bored of you, you'll be left alone in the dust." He looked up, the smirk on his face never fading as he fixed Changmin's tie. "Oh. Speak of the devil."

Juyeon looked furious as he stormed up to them. "Eric, what are you doing with my boyfriend?"

"He was helping me!" Changmin spoke up. He blinked away the tears pricking his eyes. "Yeah, he was helping me fix my tie. I'm fine, Ju. Really."

Juyeon's eyes softened. "Are you sure?"

Changmin nodded, finally facing the other. "Positive."

And with that, I gained the ability to move with my free will. "Ric–"

A shaky breath left Eric's lips as he watched Juyeon and Changmin leave the room. "Why me? Why do I have to like him? Why do I have to be the bully? I'm so tired of apologizing to Changmin before being thrown into the same cycle. I'm tired of it, so tired."

I wrapped Eric in a hug. "Come on, we'll get ice cream after school. We'll stop at the library later and see how likely it is that Chanhee will have a scene, hm?"

Eric nodded, his head buried in the my shirt. I came up with every single creative insult my brain could give me, just to insult the author.

In my opinion, Eric has always had it the hardest. At least Chanhee and me only have to deal with being a stepping stool for the main couple. Eric was forced to be the roadblock, all while having a crush on someone he could never have.

To make matters worse, Eric's crush on Juyeon was actually an aspect in the book, so it wasn't something he could easily get rid of. Thus, he could only suffer and watch the two main characters fall for each other while he had to end up completely unhappy.

Yeah, I'll never forgive the author for making him go through that.

If you haven't noticed, I switched between past and present a lot of times. And you grammar nerds must be itching to hurt me for it. Suck it up. It'll make sense eventually.

~your lovely extra