sunwoo is a threat to my mental health

If I'm gonna be honest, this wasn't the first time this idea popped into my head. In fact, I was planning this this out since I discovered that extras could be killed. I mean, it wasn't like it would do anything to the comic.

Well, at least my original plan wouldn't. But at the time, I was filled with rage.

Eric suffered so much, with being the antagonist and having a crush on the one person who probably hated him the most.

Chanhee watched his boyfriend being forced to be in love with his best friend. And then he was forced to betray said friend.

Younghoon had to act like he loved someone who he truly didn't. He had to put on a fake smile and let everything be okay, even though his best friend lost his memories and had died right in front of him.

And I had to be a staircase, just there to get the main couple together. All my life, I had dealt with my alcoholic father and my loneliness. I always had felt worthless, even if I had to act okay.

Juyeon? He didn't know half of it. Wow, other characters weren't content with their shitty home lives and relationships, and they hated their characters? Of course, the main character who gets a slightly difficult home life but still ends up with the main character and gets a happy ending is allowed to judge them for not trying hard enough!

I was– no, I am sick of it. Main characters? What do they know? What does Lee Juyeon and his flawless face know about characters who truly struggle?

Maybe it wouldn't be a permanent fix, but I didn't care. I just wanted to teach Juyeon a little lesson.

Of course, when I was at school the next day, Sunwoo sensed what I was about to do. He grabbed my arm in the middle of the hallway and pulled me into an empty classroom. "Don't do it."

I scoffed, pulling my arm back. "Don't tell me what to do. Why do you care if I get erased or not?"

Sunwoo rolled his eyes. "Because I always considered you a friend. And yeah, you know what, maybe it's because of the book influencing me. I don't care."

"Why does it matter so much to you–"

"I've had my character deleted before, okay?"

I froze. "What?"

Sunwoo took a deep breath. "Look. The author knows that we're self-aware, because they know everything that happens in the shadow. Every thought, every word, every action, they know. I had to learn that the hard way. Luckily, the author gave me a second chance after ending their last book. Don't make them delete you, Hak. There's no guarantee they'll do the same for you."

He finally let me go and walked out of the classroom, leaving me to think about his words.

Oh well. I had a plan, and I was gonna put it into action whether Sunwoo liked it or not.

And if I got deleted?

Oh well.
~your lovely extra