may i order some plot, extra juicy?

TW: s**cide, temporary character death (spoiler: they're dead for 4 paragraphs)

Okay. By now, you're probably wondering why this story matters. "What's the plot, Haknyeon?" "Why are you writing this, Haknyeon." "Why don't you have any bitches, Haknyeon-" oh, wrong question!

Well, I've given you enough background information by now. I'm here to tell you a story. And this story started on that day.

-

I watched in shock as a character fell to their death. I had never heard of death happening in this world. Yes, natural deaths happened, but nothing like this. Not even self-aware characters try this.

The character was Lee Jaehyun, the second lead's best friend.

Everyone saw it too, since it was right after school. A loud scream came from Changmin as he watched Jaehyun's body fall, eyes wide. Chanhee stood beside him, searching the crowds, obviously in search for his other self-aware friends.

Juyeon was on the phone with someone, probably a hospital. Younghoon, the second lead, was shaking the boy, crying.

With a the sound of a page flipping, I opened my eyes and realized quickly that I was in another scene. It was English class. Juyeon and Changmin were in the middle of the class, Changmin teaching Juyeon something in English.

Beside them sat Kim Younghoon, who watched Changmin from the side. And behind him was none other than Lee Jaehyun.

I couldn't wait for the scene to be over, because I had so many questions. Chanhee and Eric seemed to have the same idea, because we almost instantly gathered to stalk Younghoon and Jaehyun.

At the end of our stalking, we were sure of one thing: Kim Younghoon was self-aware. The way that he glanced over at Jaehyun, the sadness in his eyes, the way that he made sure that he never departed from his best friend's side, that wasn't the behavior of someone who didn't remember the events that happened in the shadow.

We were also sure that Jaehyun wasn't self-aware, but that didn't make sense. Why would a character that wasn't self-aware do something like that? There was nobody else spotted on the roof. That means that it was Jaehyun's own decision, but such a chaotic event wouldn't happen in the shadows if they weren't self-aware.

"Chanhee, you've been self-aware the longest. What should we do? Has this ever happened before?"

Chanhee didn't even have to think about to before shaking his head. "There's been plenty of self-aware extras, but nothing like this has ever happened." He rubbed his temples. "God, this gives me a migraine."

Eric thought about it. "Well, we know that before the attempt, Jaehyun was self-aware. After it, he wasn't. Thus, isn't it safe to assume that the character doesn't die, but the self-awareness does?"

It made sense, but we all knew that we had to made sure that our theory was correct. And that meant speaking with Younghoon.

"Not it!" Eric and I called at the same time.

And with that, Chanhee was tasked with confronting a sad Younghoon about Jaehyun, and I filled another page of my journal, once again cursing the author.

-

The story is only getting started, bitches.
~your lovely extra