experiments aren't always scientific

Is it right to call it an experiment? Can murder be considered an experiment in any case?

Whatever. I conducted an experiment. It consisted of a knife, my father, a dark alleyway, and all things lovely and nice.

'If I kill someone and leave tons of evidence, would I get caught?'

'Do people who aren't in any more scenes die, or do they come back?'

These were my two questions.

Okay. Before you start calling me a psycho murderer bitch, I'm really not! No, I was influenced by pure anger thanks to Lee Juyeon and this goddamn author.

You remember when I told you guys about everyone in this world is made up of people who were in the book, right? Well, my amazing, wonderful, loving father was in a single scene back when Juyeon and Changmin were in their rivals phase. And he hasn't been in a single scene ever since (which also means that he didn't forget anything that had happened for about a year or so, which is REALLY ANNOYING, ACTUALLY).

So I was certain that the author had forgotten about him. And I was curious. And when curious, well, what can you do?

Let's just say that when he raised his fist, I raised my own weapon.

I went to bed with a smile on my lips and a tad bit of blood on my hands. And get this. I woke up to silence. Sweet, sweet silence. No police, no dad, no nothing.

But the experiment wasn't over yet. I had to find out one more thing, and for that, I had to wait for the author. So I waited, and waited, and waited.

Chanhee rolled his eyes. "Ya, why do you look so nervous?"

I shook my head. "What's going on with Juyeon and Changmin?"

"You didn't hear?" Eric asked, winning in rock paper scissors against Younghoon. "Changmin's not at school today. The book says something happened with his mom. Juyeon isn't here either. He's probably at home, trying to brainstorm ways to win Changmin over with his two braincells."

I sighed. That means that I wouldn't get a scene until later.

"Hey, Haknyeon?"

I looked up at Sunwoo– wait. Did I tell you guys about Sunwoo yet?

Sunwoo is my book best friend. When you looked at my cast list, was he there? Nope, and you know why? Because he matters that little to me. We're like... business partners.

"Yeah?"

He leaned in to whisper in my ear. "Don't go down this path. Characters can get deleted, you know." He straightened, waved goodbye, and left the scene.

So, what the fuck. Sunwoo. My best friend in the book, who I've had multiple conversations with, was self-aware this WHOLE TIME?

At that moment, the page flipped, and I was in the library, witnessing Juyeon have a mental breakdown. Across from me was Sunwoo, who had his cheek in his palm. His gaze never left mine, and I began to wonder how long he had been aware.

Now, if you're wondering, our actions as extras aren't as controlled as a main character's would be. If we're just in the background, we can move around slightly and hold conversations, we just can't make really big movements.

"Since when were you self-aware?" I hissed.

He shrugged. "About a month or two after you started hanging with the antagonist and the extra, I realized it."

"And what did you mean earlier?"

"You know exactly what I mean. Don't think to much about it, it's not a threat. I'm just saying, the author can switch a misbehaving extra out for a good, unsuspecting one. I wouldn't test the author's limits."

The scene ended, and I stood up. "Thanks for you concern, but I have no idea what you're talking about."

And with that, I stalked away, feeling his gaze on my back.

If I went and changed my cast list now, Sunwoo would definitely be an extra. Let's hope it stays that way.

That day, I snuck through the window to be safe. But there was nobody downstairs. After a day, a week, a month, my father still wasn't there.

Both of my questions were answered. The experiment was successful.

I am not a good role model.
~your lovely extra