vii. sweet nothing

nick, chris, & matt

nick, chris, & matt

nick
bethhhh

beth
yeahhhh

nick
have u listened to
taylor swifts new album yet

beth
yeah ofc??
why

nick
u don't have to say yes bc we saw how it last went, but do u wanna join us in a midnights reaction video?? we wanted to ask johnny too but maybe that's not the best idea?

beth
idk tbh guys

chris
it would be so much better w you in it!!

matt
i'll pay for ur fries the next month if u do it!!

beth
hmmm

two months?

matt
deal

beth
alright i'll ask john if he wants to join

nick
he doesn't have to if u don't want

we know things are a bit crazy with the rumours

beth
no it's fine!! dw

i'll ask him rn
seen 1 min ago

when his girlfriend had called him to ask if he wanted to join another of her brothers videos, he had been hesitant at first. things had spiralled out of control with all the fan-theories of their relationship after the last video, but elizabeth's hopeful voice had rendered him incapable of saying no.

so here he was, seated in between beth and nick in the backseat of their minivan, matt and chris in the front seat.

"hi and welcome to todays video!" chris introduced, ruffling his hair as he smiled at the camera. "today, we are once again joined by our sister and johnny orlando!"

the siblings all clapped as the two guests bowed their head jokingly at the introduction.

"so today," nick continued on, "we will be listening to taylor swift's new album, midnights, because you guys have asked us about it so many times."

the girl clapped her hands enthusiastically, making the boys shake their heads jokingly at her.

"this one have, of course, already listened to it, because she's such a taylor swift nerd," chris huffed.

"i take that as a compliment," leaning forward slightly to hit the back of chris' head.

"idiot," he winced.

"okay," nick clapped his hands together in enthusiasm, interrupting the banter between the two youngest. "let's get this started!"

———

"we'll just start from the start," matt stated as he scrolled through his phone to find the album.

"it has to be the 3 am edition!" beth exclaimed.

"okay..." matt trailed off, looking up from the phone, "i think i've found it,"

"then start?" nick looked unimpressed at his brother and they all suppressed a laugh.

as the first tones of 'lavender haze' played through the car, the girl smiled brightly.

———

"everyone's up to something, i find myself runnin' home to your sweet nothings," as elizabeth's favourite song on the album started playing, the girl inched a bit closer to her boyfriend, making eye contact with him.

"outside, they're push and shovin', you're in the kitchen humming. all that you ever wanted from me was nothing." she quietly hummed along to the lyrics and he smiled softly, fighting off the strong urge to pull her into him.

instead, he discreetly placed his hand on top of hers, lightly tracing his fingertips over her palm.

a bright smile adorned her face and her eyes shone as she listened to the music. she looked so happy and he just wanted her to stay that way forever.

unfortunately, nothing ever lasts forever.

author's note!
wattpad actually decided to test me on this like i don't even know how it could glitch SO much while i was just trying to write 😭😭