x. i would have done the same for my sister

johnny

johnny

johnnycan i ask you something??

johnny
can i ask you something??

chris
yeah sure
what's up?

johnny
it's about elizabeth

chris
elizabeth??
when have u ever called her that

johnny
do u promise to be honest??

chris
has she done anything?

johnny
just promise

chris
ok
i promise

johnny
does she have anything
going on with  jakob?

chris
wtf no

of course not

johnny
please be honest with me
i think i deserve that

chris
johnny
she's in love with you

johnny
i thought so too
but ig not

chris
what did she do?

johnny
haven't u seen the pictures of them?

chris
her and jake?? bffr

they're friends

johnny
really thought u were my friend
but i guess i would have
done the same for my sister

chris
johnny wtf is up with u
do u really believe that shit??

johnny
just shut up chris

chris
come on
you're better than this
seen 1 min ago

this is so ridiculous
seen 1 min ago

"beth?!" chris' voice echoed through the house as he shouted as loudly as he could to get his sister's attention.

matt and nick appeared at the door, both frowning at their brother.

chris immediately handed over his phone to his brothers, signalling to them that they should read the conversation.

after a moment he looked between them, trying to read their reactions.

"is this real?" matt's face was in a big frown, obviously not happy.

at chris' nod, both of the other boys turned around to the stairs and shouted up at the girl too, now just as eager to get her attention.

"i'm coming, guys, relax." she exclaimed as her footsteps neared the three boys. she was running down the stairs. "so . . . what's up?" she smiled brightly as she came into view, but her face fell when she caught sight of their troubled expressions.

"is everything alright with you and johnny?" nick was the first to talk, taking control of the situation by signalling for her to sit down with them.

"um . . . i mean," she hesitated for a moment but sat herself in between nick and chris nonetheless. "he's been a bit off, but i think it's just stress with the album and everything,"

"he just messaged me," chris handed her the phone and gently put his hand on her shoulder when her face fell even further.

her eyes scanned the text messages quickly and she could almost hear her own heart shatter as she reached the bottom. he really didn't trust her. . .

"it's fine, chris." her words came out harsher than she intended them to be, but she didn't apologise, her mind occupied with other thoughts. "we're fine."

had it been anyone else, then they might not have noticed the slight waver in her voice at the end of the sentence. not many would have noticed the well concealed distraught look on her face, but they did. her brothers knew her better than anyone else, and as they shared a look over her shoulder it was clear that they all had noticed her well hidden sadness.

author's note!
i promise i'm trying my best with the layout but wattpad just won't cooperate. i swear i want to smash my phone it's so frustrating