Chapter 4: Am I Dead??

This novel still has a long way to go, so I will try to mass-release it together with The Villain's Dejavu. So enjoy this last chapter as I'm taking a break to focus on my health and writing more chapters. Bye3.

****************

The door slowly creaks open and a half figure of a small child then pops up in between it with that child's hand holding onto the door frame tightly. The child's facials were upset and afraid at the same time, causing my heart somehow,

sting*

I unconsciously grab my chest, feeling uneasy. Then stare at the child calmly, trying to suppress those emotions.

The child's face was pure and cute. He also looks handsome for that age. No perhaps, his appearance just came from his genes. After all, our father was quite handsome and our mother was also beautiful in my eyes.

I had seen my appearance before, compare to this child, I might look like a bug.

'i guess father inherit all his beauty to the first and the last child, while left me with nothing...'

because the eldest of this household also had quite a good-looking appearance, while I, as I say, I look average.

'That's also the reason why this guy always felt jealous towards his eldest and younger brother...'

Though that was just one of the many reasons of course.

"I'm sorry..."

A sudden voice from the child snaps me back from my reveries. 

I focus myself back on the child. I can see him looking all sad staring at me. Like a puppy who's left in the rain all alone.

'he's damn cute.'

Too adorable.

Even makes me wonder, how can someone hate this cute boy like Kyle? Are they blind? or, did that person insane or what?-

'ah wait...that insane person was me now, isn't it?'

my inside thus resent this body's owner a little. However, at the next moment, I still manage to question Kyle on what he's saying before.

"...for what, Kyle??"

my soft voice delivered successfully to the now guilty looking's Kyle. Making the boy's eyes then widen for a short moment as he heard me before looking down, while his hand fiddling with the door.

His lips then heavily open, replying,

"for bothering you...."

hearing his words, my body froze.

I understood what he was trying to say, but my brain didn't want to process it.

The boy then continued, but when I heard his next words,

"I know this is all my fault."

my face started to contort terribly.

"that day...you jumped because you hated me, right...?"

and it was getting worse with every sentence uttered from that tiny little mouth of his. However,

"because we fight... you try to kill-"

"stop!!!"

This time I cut him off immediately. Because I know exactly what the end of that sentence is.

'you still trying to blame yourself for this??'

I already told him that this isn't his fault.

but this child. He still believed he did.