Chapter 7 : Am I Dead??

Hearing the surprised voice coming from Kyle, his guard quickly turned alert and asked him about it,

"Young master, what's going on?"

Even so, Kyle didn't respond to them and instead run inside and looked around the room.

"???"

Confused about how Kyle didn't answer them, the two ended up arguing about what to do.

"Should we barge in?"
"But, what if young master Alex gets mad?"
"even so... Young master Kyl-"

Right at that moment their argument almost got heated. The door to Alex's room suddenly swung wide open. Kyle then appears behind it with teary eyes.

"y-young master, what's going on? Why are you crying??"

One of the guards tries to comfort Kyle by crouching and patting his back, even so, Kyle's tears won't stop. And together with a sobbing sound, the boy then says,

"hy-hyung..."
"yes, young master... What happens to young master Alex?"
"hy-hyung is gone!!!!!!"
"what!!??"

The moment such a shocking statement comes out, both guards then become stiff. One of the guards looks to the other one and shouts,

"Zion!!!!"

The guard the name Zion then nods right away and ran inside the room and searches around for a moment. While the others keep comforting Kyle.

"don't worry young master, I'm sure young master Alex will be found. It's okay, it's okay."

He keeps saying so while embracing the child. Even so, the child shows no sign of stopping crying.

A few moments later, Zion comes out from the place looking all panicked. The other guard thus asks,

"so? "

But Zion only ended up shaking his head at him. Only then did the guy's expression finally change to a frown. He then says quickly.

"Let's report this to milord."
"yes. Let's go."

Both of them then take Kyle with them and left for their master's office.

*********

While that at the tower.

I was struggling to climb it and at the same time, my lips couldn't stop from cursing the people who build this place.

"who's bastard built this, really? It's so high!! haa haa* because of them, it's difficult for me to climb it. Really, I will smack whoever builds this!!"

Even so, my legs didn't stop me from climbing them. It's like what people always say, even if one's mouth never stops talking, one's work still needs always be done.

'So there's no way I would let this place stop my quest.'

And thus my journey went on together with my burning desire to conquer this place.

************

At the same, near the lord Hellan office.

tok tok tok*

The sound of the office's door knocks to reach the inside and one voice could be heard.

"milord, there's urgent news that I need to convey."

Hearing this, Lord Hellan's hand on his document stop abruptly. He then replies,

"come in."

Right after, the door to the room then swung open. Two adult people come in and leave kyle's behind the door. They told Kyle beforehand that they need to leave him outside and he agrees. Even so, the door actually did not properly close and Kyle could still peek inside and heard them.

"what's going on?"

Lord Hellan ask seeing them both. Right beside him was Mateo, his eldest son. They both were discussing some territories issues till this time.

"It's about young master Alex."

one of the guards says. Hearing his second son's name, Lord Hellan's body quickly jumps up from his and even Mateo face's quickly turns frown. They both ask at the same time,

"what!? what do you mean by that!?"

"What happened to my brother!?"

Feeling pressure from their question, both of the guards quickly bow 90 degrees and hastily answer,

"Young master Alex went missing."

"We had searched him in his room, but... no one there. We need to quickly disperse knight to search for him, milord."

With the words 'missing' that reach Lord Hellan's ear, no more other words could ever reach him.

'Alex...missing??'

he could feel like his whole world had collapsed and this is not the first one that he went through this.

The first one happens when the child tries to kill himself back then. Months ago, during that winter time.

Back when the knight brings the cold body of his son up from the lake. How pale his son looks at the time and how his heart stops for a moment.

The lord couldn't help but feel fear. Fear of losing him.

And in his head, he always questions it.

'why would you do this?'

The reason why the child commit suicide.

Because no matter how he thinks about it. He doesn't know why the child does it.

He looks fine all this time. Although he is always by himself.

It's not like his family never try to talk to him. It's just, the child himself choosing to lock himself away from his family. 

Still, they never forget to take him with them whenever they go out. Tell him they love him and bring him a gift that he likes.

With that, it doesn't look like he could feel lacking in any way. So why? why would his child commit suicide?

And that had been weighing Lord Hellan's mind all this time and thus shooks him more now.

"fa-er-father!!"

Mateo's voice calling him wakes him from his reverie. Lord Hellan's eyes quickly went towards his eldest as he ask while stuttering,

"wh-what is it Mateo?"

"Father, I already spread the knights around to search for Alex. So please, you need to calm down!!'

"...Teo..."

"I know what you feel. But in such a situation, we can't afford to be shaken. Don't worry, father. Alex would be fine."

"...yes... you're right, Teo."

Although Lord Hellan's heart didn't feel relief yet, he still answer his eldest albeit late. For now, he knows that there's nothing wrong with following his eldest suggestion. As a father, he should appear strong in such an emergency.

'right... I can't just remain still...'

Thus he suggests,

"let's find him too, Teo."

"yes, let's do that, father."

And his sons agree.

*****************

To be continued.