epilogue.

6 MONTHS LATER...

IMESSAGE

chocolate hater 😽🫶🏻
idk how people don't get pinky with that one trend
it's clearly pinky
as if they can't count

my vanilla hater 💓
idk man i failed maths

chocolate hater 😽🫶🏻
also
happy 6 months <3

my vanilla hater 💓
HAPPY 6 MONTHS!!💞
wow i can't believe you've put up with me for 6 months

chocolate hater 😽🫶🏻
i can't believe it either
what an accomplishment

my vanilla hater 💓
proud of you
are we doing something today?

chocolate hater 😽🫶🏻
idk maybe you should open your door and find out

my vanilla hater 💓
you're joking
no i hate you
im coming

chocolate hater 😽🫶🏻
you better

BUTTERFLIES WERE something that Jenna always loved. They were beautiful and there was something so freeing about them.

However, it wasn't until she met Finn that she realised how much she enjoyed the feeling of them fluttering around in her stomach. That feeling had been present the past six months. Happiness constantly lingering in the back of her mind.

Her friends all saw it, so did her sister. He made her really happy. She in turn, made him happy. He felt comfortable around her. She had a sense of home.

With these feelings being all too new for them, it was logical neither of them knew what to call it. Others, however, would call it love.

"I can't believe you prepared a whole picnic for this." Jenna tried to hide her smile, but the sight of the boy in front of her made it impossible.

"I couldn't not do anything. I mean six months is a pretty big milestone." He threw a grape in his mouth, not breaking eye contact with the girl he adored so much.

They sat on a grass patch, near the ends of town. It was quite the drive away from their houses, but the peacefulness made up for it. They liked to call it their spot.

Enjoying each other's company was their favourite pastime. Whether it was talking about the most random things, which mostly ended with laughter, or just sitting in silence. Finn playing with Jenna's hair while she traced the lines on his free hand.

"I got you something too." The girl sat up and reached for her bag. "You really didn't have to." She looked at him with an expression as to say; 'don't even think about it'. "You can't organise me a whole picnic and expect me to give you nothing. That's just being a bad girlfriend."

She pulled out a little notebook. On the cover was a photo of the both of them on the day they met. (courtesy of millie, who took a picture when neither were looking) Hearts were scattered across the front, all being drawn on.