Did Donna say anything?

School finally came to an end, and I was on my way home for the weekend with Gwen.

"How was your first day back? Did donna say anything?"
Gwen elbowed me and I laughed,
"Not this again!" I said embarrassed.
"Come on, what did she say? Tell me everything."
She looked at me but I played it off, I was not about to tell her a whole story right now.
I liked donna maybe a year ago, I can't believe she still hadn't let it go, this was super embarrassing. Maybe because shes younger than me she doesn't understand but it still feels wrong when she talks about donna like i'm still head over heels for her, even if I say something about it.
"She just said hi, that's it." I said
"Fine, If you say so." She said disappointed
"I do!" I laughed, trying to get her to think about something else besides me and Donna.

We walked most of the way in silence, after that she seemed awkward.
She started walking towards a house that wasn't ours. "Gwen, where are you going?"
"It's Friday," she reminded me, "I'm going to stay the night at Susie's house, you okay with that?"
I nodded at her, "Right, see you tomorrow." I said and she walked away, I continued my pathway to our house. I totally forgot about her going to her friend Susie's house on Friday, maybe i've had some memory loss, or my head has just been clouded ever since the past events. Probably both.

"Finney wait!" She stopped me before I got much farther away. I turned around to see her walking in my direction.
"Whats wrong?" I looked around.
She jogged over to me, "I just gotta ask you something." She said, catching her breath. "Alright." I said.
She turned her head down, "Your fine on your own, right?" She looked at me again.
"You don't need to worry about me Gwen, nothing is coming for me, so i'll be just fine on my own, okay?"
She nodded, "I know, but it just seems dangerous, are you really okay? I don't want anything to happen to you."
It felt nice to see how much she cared about me, sometimes I forget how much I love my sister, she saved my life by figuring out where I was with her dreams. I have no idea where id be without her

"I know, Gwen, but the grabber is dead, I killed him, so doesnt that make me tough now? I can defend myself." I smiled at Gwen, but she looked down, "You shouldn't have to defend yourself from anything. That's why I wanna know if something happens to you!"
I laughed a little bit, "Gwen seriously, im gonna be fine." I patted her head and gave a smile, she just gave a smaller smile and said goodbye. I continued home.