Chapter 9 | Sike and Massacre

"Hello. It has not been a while! " I smiled as I addressed the stunned group in front of me. They were Aiko and the students, along with a few Ur residents, as well as the exhausted masochist, Tio Klarus. Of course, we already left Will behind, no matter how much he begged of coming along.

"Hello again, Aiko-sensei..." Hajime awkwardly greeted.

We'd been gone for thirty minutes when we returned. Behind me, Hajime appeared conflicted, and Yue was expressionless.

As for how and why we returned? Well, in the simplest words, it was more convenient. It was going to make things easier for us in the future to save this town.

The other side of the portal we passed through held some battle-ready adventurers, as well as Ilwa and his whats-his-fucking-name secretary. The portal appeared to have frightened the lot of them, and when we emerged from it, they seemed to have a hard time understanding things.

"You guys!?" Ilwa shouted as he signaled the wary adventurers to stand down. After some threatening, we forced the adventurers out and what remained were only the three of us along with Ilwa and his whats-his-fucking-name secretary.

Will, who was already awake, began to explain things quickly. As expected, he mentioned the town of Ur's current predicament. Again, as expected, Ilwa begged us to save the town as well. Of course, we all flatly refused. And yet when Ilwa promised unconditional and full-fledged support, as well as putting the entire Fuhren adventurer guild in our hands, it seemed like a good enough deal. And besides, all we had to do was slaughter a hundred thousand monsters. It's a small price to pay for... never mind.

I knew I'd be discovered eventually. It had only been a matter of time. I've already taken a few precautions, and I promised myself I wouldn't hide who I am for the sake of the people in this world... It might even be fun to let loose and go all out occasionally. Was Hajime's defense of himself. He didn't seem reluctant to help, so I had a feeling he was moved by Aiko's words and was rethinking his purpose and motives in life in the back of his mind.

Well, I wasn't that against it, and neither was Yue. As Hajime mentioned, it might be fun to let loose once in a while.

Now back to the present.

"N-Nagumo-kun?" Aiko asked, surprised. Hajime turned around and shrugged helplessly.

"If I'm going to take on an army, there are some things I need to prepare first. You guys can keep talking if you want."

Damn, he acts so edgily.

"Nagumo-kun!" Aiko's eyes lit up, to which Hajime smiled awkwardly.

Incidentally, Tio began to follow us "Even though I should be an important part of his fighting force... th-this kind of abandonment play is... Master truly is..." and so everyone present completely ignored her feverish mutterings.

.........

......

...

The town of Ur. The Northern Mountain Ranges were to the north, and Urdea Lake was to the west. It was endowed with a plethora of natural resources and was now fortified by walls that did not exist the day before.

Those walls were built by Hajime. He'd driven Steiff around the perimeter, transforming walls behind him rather than leveling the ground in front of him.

They were only about that high because Hajime's transmutation radius only extended four meters past his point of contact. Large monsters could have easily climbed over them. They were essentially a last-ditch effort with the mindset of "Well, it's better than nothing."