Chapter 21 | The Worst Case Scenario

In this sudden apocalyptic war, with two godlike beings killing each other and a naked black hole dangerously on the loose, the mortals cannot even begin to comprehend what is happening, how this happened, and what will happen.

On the ground below, Rimuru's students, as well as the partly healed Thomas and Toji are engaged in a battle against hundreds of thousands of monsters and demons. This level of force made the one sent to Heiligh look like child's play.

This was clearly an act with the intent of complete extinction in mind.

Zero was the bigger between the two, but Rimuru had the higher specs. A single collision of punches resulted in Zero's giant hand being blown off to bits. It wasn't long for the fight's victor to become a clear picture.

Zero was getting outclassed in both power and skill. A hand-to-hand combat is now deemed suicide against Rimuru. But Rimuru also cannot unleash a big move. He was the one keeping the black hole in check.

Keep on watch for what he might do. He must've realized he is getting pummeled right now, so he might attempt to seek help again. Also, do something about the black hole.

<<Affirmative. Deploying 'Imaginary Space' to isolate the naked singularity>>

"Embrace the symphony of oblivion... Beelzebuth!" Rimuru shouted. It was an incantation. The portal to the boundless void opened up, swallowing both Rimuru and Zero, as well as the black hole. 

Now that they are isolated in Imaginary Space, Zero has zero chance of getting in contact with his superiors. 

"No, no, no!" Zero cried. He can't let it end here. He was destined to stand among them! To stand among the Primal Angels as the strongest. At least, that was what he believed. 

The far-off dream escaped his grasp as it exceeded beyond the horizon.

"Dark Phoenix!" 

Zero revealed his final trump card. He gave form to a powerful mystical phoenix—a sentient being born from a balance of flames and shadow, cloaked in obsidian feathers tinged with flickering crimson embers. 

It will aid Zero in combat and is capable of fighting on its own, as well as the ability to freely change its size. Moreover, the Dark Phoenix is a very powerful source of healing, granting Zero a super-enhanced sustainability.

"Fine, then," Rimuru commented, disregarding his secret art entirely. He placed his hand on the empty space, and began pulling. 

A mystical black sword appeared. 

This was Imaginary Space, Rimuru's domain where creation and destruction intertwine in a mix of completeness and nothingness.

"Prepare yourself. This will be painful. Ascetic Void."

A black spherical clock appeared in between Rimuru and Zero. The Watch commenced its countdown – a clockwork mechanism set into motion dependent on the opponent's own strength. The more formidable the target, the longer the countdown stretches, signifying the temporal extent of their defiance against Rimuru. 

As the countdown proceeds, the target's existence becomes intertwined with the impending annihilation. During this phase, Rimuru can still defeat his opponents. If he is unable to, he engages in a battle of attrition in which the battle will be ultimately decided by the countdown. Should the opponent prove unable to best Rimuru in battle until the countdown's end, it is their downfall. Once the Watch reaches its end, the opponent's essence is wrenched apart by the imploding forces of nothingness in the Imaginary Space.