sixteen.

It feels like it has only been minutes since time has passed us by, but judging by the night's sky and my aching eyes blinking open at the sound of a door slamming, I assumed hours had flown rather than minutes. I tugged my hands to roll around the drowsy peering on my eyelids, in hopes of waking me from a slumber I hadn't even thought I met as I turn to watch the ruckus, Sebastian was walking away from the house at a quick pace with his head hung low, his posture slouched and his mood unrecognized.  

Sebastian sits his way in the car and closes the door. I eye his every move but he doesn't look at me or emit a word. He simply sticks the keys in the ignition and switches them on. I take out my phone to check the time.

8:45 -Reads on the clock and my suspicions of hours had been proved, It's rather obvious how things have gone while I was blacked out sleep. Sebastian doesn't say anything he solely pulls off from the house and drives into the windless evening. I take one look back at the house before settling my eyes on Sebastian and buckling my seatbelt. An almost unnoticed frown rests on his lips and his eyes, almost bloodshot red. His hair is a mess and his fingers grip tightly on the wheel.

"Sebastian-" Before I could make out my words Sebastian interrupts me quickly, "Are you hungry?" He asks looking at me, emptiness speaking volumes and I stare back at him giving no response.

Without hesitation, he looks away with silence roaming us again. Something was wrong, I couldn't exactly make out what that something was but I suspect things didn't go as we'd hoped. I could only guess, he didn't seem to be letting up and telling me what truly happened.

"Yeah let's get something to eat" I sat back in my seat and sipped on a bottle of water the rest of the way to our destination, staring out into the clear night skies but never forgetting to look over at Sebastian- wishing he'd snap back and talk to me.

A 24 hours diner.

From the car to the diners booth Sebastian still hasn't let out a single word, he's hardly looked my way but could easily make sure my form was before his to the entrance of the diner. The ring nearly sounded identical to my works cafe as many unfamiliar faces waltz into a place I'm fairly new to.

Sebastian tapped at his fingers while eyeing the menu as his body moved slightly from the rocking of his foot. "Sebastian" I call out to him and his head jolts up as if he'd been completely unaware of my presence.

"Are you okay?" I ask, wondering why he's currently so lost in thought, why his eyes appear so heavy.

"Yeah" he breathes flipping over the menu.
The sound of clicking heels and a slight hum move to our table as a lady stands before us, setting down two cups of water. "Hi, are you ready to order?" She asks looking between the both of us, "I'm not that hungry but you can eat" he pushes the menu over to me and breathes out again as he sends a forced smile to the woman, rushing his hand through his hair.

"Anything you would recommend, for him as well." I smile, mouthing the last part with a nod and she returns the gesture, grabbing the menu and leaving the table, for the next.

I stretch out my hand to the one he continued to fiddle with, stopping him midway. His body softens and he looks up at me with emotion feeling his expression. He slips his lip into his mouth and holds onto the water that threatened to slip his eyes embrace.

"It's okay" I nod my head, caressing his hand to keep him calm. Upon my response, a tear leaves the folds of his lids and drops down the side of his cheek before attaching its moisture to his shirt. He looks away from me, eyes burning into anything in sight as he avoids eye contact with me, while the remaining tears slip out of his eyes.

I feel my throat burn just at the sight of him, Sebastian crying is something new. His aurora had completely changed, from the fun, energetic being that he is to completely overcome with this heartbreaking emotion. I continue to rub at his hand praying for his tears to fade, a smile to resurface on his lovely lips while his eyes come to shine. Sebastian's bliss means the world to me and to see him holding onto the pain that's eating him, hurts my every being.