nineteen.

"Alec, I didn't know you'd be back today" I smile with wide eyes reaching out to pull him into a hug. He laughs and wraps one arm around me with the other still holding against the suitcase.

He scrolls in greeting both my mom and brother, "your mom is the culprit in all this, she told me tonight would be the best time to visit" He shrugs through his grin and I laugh pulling him into another hug. Still stunned by his presence after months, that touching him felt unreal.

"This is amazing," I say turning back to Sebastian as he stares back at me, his eyes low and blank. The expression he held couldn't be read, there was nothing visible in his eyes causing a chill to crawl up my spine.

"Sebastian" I speak, catching the eyes of Alec as he looks back and forth between the two of us.

"This is my best friend from college- Alec," I say and Sebastian's eyes rest and his lips tug into a smile, showing his bright teeth as he reaches out to shake Alec's hand. I watch their hands as they overlap and move at a rhythmic pace, both as large as the other. It's like Alec is still growing, even in college.

"Alec this is my boyfriend, Sebastian" I cut in between the handshake, and Alec's eyes grow as his hand moves back to the suitcase, "it's nice to meet you, why haven't I heard of him?" Alec meets my eyes and I frown at him, smacking my teeth. It almost sounds disrespectful of him to say allowed with Sebastian present.

"You haven't gotten back to me in weeks, and I wanted you guys to meet in person" I add folding my arms over my chest he laughs at my form, shaking his head.

"It's nice to meet you as well, I was gonna ask the same thing" Sebastian replies with a chuckle as he meets my eyes as well. My shoulders drop and I breathe through my nostrils at the fact they don't hate each other off the bat. Lord knows my past would have thrown a fit if I brought home my boy best friend, even when I've known him longer.

"I'm just glad to be home," He says, pushing his hair to the back, and only now am I realizing that he looks much different than he once did. His black wavy locks of hair fall in layers as the ends graze the nape of his neck. He had many more strands falling over his forehead, his hair full and shiny. He also has a few new tattoos I don't want to stare at just to make out, I'll ask him later.

"Bathroom?" Sebastian whispers to me and I point out the location, and every obstacle he needs to take.

"Where can I sit this?" Alec had rolled further into the place, looking around at the new set of decor, my parents can't help but change the vibe of this place as often as possible.

"I'll take it, do you have anywhere to stay?" My mom questions as she takes the suitcase from him and puts it away, he chuckled shrugging his shoulders, his hair flowing over his eyes from time to time. "I'll stay with my dad until fall classes" He nods.

Surprised at his words, I shake my head, "your dad stays so far from us, you can't possibly stay out there" I complain, missing being near his bright energy. He'd been gone so long, he can't possibly spend his entire summer break with his dad, The dad who hardly knows his son's age. I hate to say it but his dad is a piece of shit, only Alec can be delusional about his dad's repulsive way of affection. He reminds me of Sebastian's father, expecting so much from his son but Alec's father, he's done nothing to try and meet the expectations of the everyday dad.

"I have no where else to go Avery" he laughs, his back faced towards me while my mom watches him closely. Shes waiting any second to offer him Ash's room.

"Stay with me" I blurt and he looks back at me, eyes wide and lips twitched into a smile, "your not serious?" He questions, eyes wandering behind me. Before I can reply, Sebastian stands at the edge of the wall. Watching me for my answer as his back rests against it.