It's over isn't it?

Kalim's throat was sore from screaming.In high sight yelling while being dragged down the hall probably wasn't one of his best ideas.He wasn't sure how he found the will to climb onto the windowsill.He rubbed his face,eyes still brimmed with tears.What was he thinking?Why couldn't he just pull of a regular friends with benefits relationship?No,get attached and let all those feelings you've had since you were a toddler come back with ten times the force!

He reached his hand trough the gaps of the boarded up window.The wind on his skin was cold,causing his fingers to curl in slightly.What's gonna happen now?How much longer can this exhausting arrangement last?What will happen after they get married?Will Jamil just throw him in some of the ancient dungeons under the Asim residence?He discarded the thought.He'd probably want to make it quick.

Banishment then.Kalim looked at his 'engagement' ring .The snake's ruby eyes seemed to sparkle back at him in an almost questioning manner.Asking if he was gonna give it up.This little golden band was all he'd have left of him,so could he really abandon it?He sighed.No.The answer was no. Selfish?Yeah,but still,it's not like he didn't have any other jewelry to sell.

He leaned his head against the boarded up window,only to be startled by a small songbird flapping it's wings and landing on the other side of the windowsill.He took a small sigh of relief and it briefly stumbled away .The heir extended his hand to the bird and after a moment,it nuzzled into his hand.Kalim smiled.How oddly fitting.

"Hey,little songbird look all around you.Look how the vultures and vipers surround you."he hummed,as he petted it.He almost chuckled.Well,vipers anyhow.

(And yes.Hadestown is a treasure and so are its lyrics.)

"You see little guy?Nothing to be-"and right then,a rock flew trough the cracks of the boards,scaring the bird away.Kalim groaned slamming his hand against the wall.He peaked trough the cracks,expecting to see Eric's annoying mug.He's not sure how that ass wasn't brainwashed like the rest,but Great Seven he's never resented something more.His eyes widened as he saw that beneath his window were the Octavinelle trio along with Grim and Yuu,the girl and Floyd ready to throw another rock.

Before Kalim could say anything,a crumpled piece of paper was thrown into his face.He unfurled the paper and started reading.
"Don't worry.We're gonna get you out of here.You just have to distract him."he read aloud.Distract him?How would he..An idea occurred to him.There was an outfit Kalim had on hand.

A red,two piece of meant for his future bride.The crown that came with it was dulled of course. The chains hanging of the necklace that came with it were on the separate sides on the back.Too short to throw around a neck.So short in fact that if he were to hold his arms fully in front of himself they would go tight.However,him and Jamil ended up in compromising positions many times before,so enticing him into one surely wouldn't be impossible.So he straightened the paper and threw it back down with a short but sweet reply.
"I think I got just the thing in mind."

It took a week or so before Jamil decided to talk to Kalim again.After all,their wedding was coming up and checking up on him to make sure he goes trough with it was only fair.He wasn't as pissed anymore.Kalim seemed close to snapping anyway and now they were even.He opened the door only to be met with a rather shocking sight.

Kalim sitting at the table,humming and putting on a pair of golden earrings.This was certainly..odd.Jamil was pretty sure Kalim lost his goddamn mind.But any questions of the heir's sanity became irrelevant when he fully comprehended what Kalim was wearing.Of course he knew Kalim had that outfit on hand.He might've even fantasized about him doing certain things in it.But to see it was..Well,a wet dream come true really.The Viper swallowed and cleared his throat."Kalim what are you wearing?"