A diamond in the rough

"You're sure this doesn't qualify as breaking and entering?"
"First off,why would you care?Secondly,as far as Kalim knows I'm simply taking back something he borrowed.Besides,we both know you smelled something."
"Ok,can you at least use your hands instead of Kalim's drum sticks?"
"And touch all the dust and crumbs?No way."Vil said rummaging under the bed.

Then,there was a clink.Raising a brow,Vil kept pushing the object until both him Leona could see it.A big chunk of broken of glass,seemingly dirty.Vil almost shoved the piece under Leona's nose.

"Ok,what are you smelling?"
"Firstly,I'm not a bloodhound,secondly,give me a moment."

Leona took a couple of whiffs,face scrunching as much as it possibly could.The prince hummed,crossing his arms.

"Smells like that.."his eyes widened in seeming realization "Forgetting potion we learned to make this semester."
"They were making up,why would his parents send him this?

Leona shrugged.

"Seems we'll have to ask Yuu."

-

"He what!?"Vil yelled.
"That's what Kalim told me.To be honest I wasn't there for most of it.So,yeah."
"Wow,Jamil..Holy shit."Leona said rubbing his temples.
"As for afterwards,I know about as much as you guys.Once Jamil came back from STYX they were dragged back home and Kalim came back without him."
"Well,we can't ask Kalim now and Jamil's phone is going straight to voice mail.Granted,he has a sister,but we don't have her number."
"Alright,let's get it then."
"How do we do that?"

Leona looked at both of them as if they were idiots,pulling out his phone with a roll of his eyes.

-

"You owe me one,Leona."
"Add it onto my tab.Now,give it over."

Ruggie rolled his eyes,tossing the brunette Kalim's phone which he took "by accident".Before Leona could even dial the number,Vil yanked the phone out of his hand,dialing it instead.

"We need tact and neither of you have that."he said as the phone rang.

The phone kept ringing for a few more moments,until there was a sound scratch.

"Hey Kalim,what's up?"
"It's not Kalim,it's one of your brother's friends..Najma,was it?"
"Why are you calling?"she said,voice lower,almost a whisper now.
"Kalim has forgotten about Jamil completely,your brother's stuff is still in his room,every call we made to him has gone to voicemail.We didn't know what-"
"How much do you know?"
"Up until they were taken back home."

There was a sniff on the other side before Najma continued.

"You mind if I tell you over text?Someone might overhear."
"Not a problem."

She hung up and the notification rang out a minute later.Vil's eyes widened more and more as they scanned over the message.Leona and Ruggie leaned over to sneak a peak,jaws slacking as they read.Then,another minute later,it was deleted.

"So,we're never going to see him again?"
"Seems so.But at least we know what's going on now."

They sat in silence for a moment.

"So..We're not allowing this,right?"
"Obviously.That asshole is apologizing whether he's in a lamp or not."

-

The execution of the plan was rather simple actually.Kalim's phone was returned to him,Vil saved Najma's number and after that it was easy.She didn't elaborate on how,but she retrieved the lamp.Vil and Rook got onto brewing the antidote the moment they heard the news.