Chapter 3

Phadra's POV

•••••

I looked in the mirror, straightening out my uniform for my night shift at the diner. I put on my old black and white converse, then headed to my mom's room.

I slightly open the creaky door, peaking my head in the room to see my mom laying in her hospital bed, sound asleep. My mom has lung cancer and we couldn't afford to keep her in the hospital, so we bought a hospital bed for the house, which practically made us completely broke. That's why I work night shifts at the diner, so I can watch her during the day and make money for us at night.

I took a look at the monitor and checked my mom's vitals and stuff, setting her morning chemo pills beside her with a frozen bottle of water on her nightstand-it'll defrost by morning.

I grabbed my apartment key and walked out the front door-locking it- and began my walk to the diner. It was about two blocks away and we didn't have a car. It was repossessed a few weeks after we bought that expensive ass hospital bed and monitor.

I was walking along the sidewalk when I saw white Mercedes Benz zoom past me. It caught me so off guard that I didn't even have time to register that someone had come up behind me and wrapped their arm, aggressively, around my neck. I struggled before the person pulled out a white napkin and put it up to my nose. My body went limp as my eyes rolled back into unconsciousness. The last thing that registered to me was that I was being put into a van, that also happened to have someone else laying down, unconsciously, in it.

•••••

Ten Hours Later

•••••

I stirred uncomfortably on an unusually soft bed-unlike my own-with the most painful headache every. I don't remember ever having a bed this soft. I opened my eyes to see that I was not in my room.

My eyes went wide at the realization. I sat up quickly, which was slightly halted because of wrist that was handcuffed to the headboard of the bed.

"What the...?" I asked myself, my words fading as I saw another body in the bed next to me. I looked closely and saw that it was Dominique.

"Holy shit! Dom!? Dominique, wake up!" I said franticly, shaking her shoulder with my free hand. She stirred a bit.

"What, ma?" She said, sleepily.

"Dom, it's me, Phadra. Wake up, quick." She rose her head an looked at me.

"What you doin' at my house, Phay?" She asked, then she began to stretch. She stopped mid-stretch when she realized that her wrist was handcuffed also. She looked at it crazy a looked around the room.

"What the fuck is this?" She asked, all signs of sleepiness leaving her. She finally grasping the severity of the situation.

"I don't know, Dom," I told her. "What chu remember?"

"All I remember was somebody putting some druggy shit on my face. Then I was out like a light." I gasped.

"That must have been you I saw in the back of the van they threw me in. I was kidnapped right after you."

"Oh shit! We kidnapped! We gon' die, Lawd!!" She cried out, hysterically. "They gon' kill us throw our bodies in the ocean!!They gon' beat us so bad, our parents ain't gon' recognize who we are!!" I hit her thigh with my free hand. "OW!"

"Will you calm down, bitch?!" I yell at her. She cools down some for I start talking again. "We is not gon' die. We just gotta figure a way outta these cuffs."

"That's not happening, sweetheart," I heard an Italian accented voice say. I whipped my head to the direction of the voice, Dom did also. It was the same guy from the other night: blue eyes. But instead of the Italian accent he has now, he had an American accent at the diner.

He smiled at our shocked faces.

"Are you enjoying your flight?" He asked in his silky voice.

"Flight?" I said, giving him the 'what-chu-talkin'-bout-Willis' look. Dominique turned, difficultly, in the bed to look out one of the small windows.

"Holy shit, Phay!! We're on a plane!" She screeched out.

"It's a jet actually," another accented voice said. We looked again and saw the blonde guy from the coffee shop.

What is with them and faking their accents?!

"Hol' up." I said. "So you were the ones that kidnapped us?"

"Kidnapped." Blondie commented. "That's such a strong word. How about we just call it 'borrowing'?"

"How 'bout we just call it 'shoving my foot down yo throat'?!" Dom said angrily. They laughed.

"You sure know how to pick them, Fernando," Blue Eyes said, laughing. Okay, Blondie=Fernando. Got it.

"What is goin' on?!" I say, frustrated at their light attitudes toward the situation.

"Ohh," Fernando commented. "Yours is not much better.'

"Can someone please answer some fuckin' questions?!" I yelled. If they beat us, they better kill me cuz I'm gettin' tired of them avoiding our must answered questions.

"Calm down, my bambino," Blue Eyes told me. "We'll discuss over dinner."

"Dinner?" Dom asked.

"Yes, my love," Fernando answered. "It will be ready shortly." Then Blue Eyes dug into his pocket and then threw a key on the bed.

"Unlock yourselves and get some clothing from the closet. We made sure that they fit."

And with that, they both left the room.