Chapter 8

Phadra's POV

We were moving, most likely in a car. My head was killing me. I went to rub it, but I realized I was handcuffed....again.

Shit. I really need to reevaluate my life.

Something was different. Only this time, I was handcuffed to someone. I opened my eyes and looked to my right to see a sleeping Dominique. It's a good thing she's the one I'm handcuffed to.

"Oh you're awake," my head snaps to the direction of the voice and I see Fernando. Antonio is sitting next to him on his phone. He looks very angry. Fernando just looks at a sleeping Dom with a sad and disappointed look on his face.

"Wh-what happened?" I said groggily. I rubbed my eyes, hearing the jingling of the cuffs attached to Dom and me. "Why are we handcuffed?"

Antonio puts his phone away, then looks a me harshly. The fire in his eyes intimidated me extremely.

"What happened is that you had the stupid idea to leave the protection of the hotel and explore France where, if it wasn't for us, you two would be dead." His voice was rough and serious. "And you are handcuffed because that seems to be the only way you will stay put."

"Tony-," Fernando tried, but Antonio put his hand up to silence him.

"No," Antonio began. "We warned them and they didn't listen. You should have followed our orders, Phadra." I put a harsh scowl on my face.

"Why? Why should we listen to you? Why did we even have to stay in the hotel?!" I yelled. "It's not like you gave us valid reasons to. We didn't even tell anyone that you two kidnapped us. Maybe if you told us what was really going on, we would have been more cautious. Like why did you leave us there alone in the first place?" Antonio rolled his eyes.

"We had business," he simply said. My eyes narrowed, then I crossed my arms and sat back on the seat.

"I want to know what this business is," I said."And if you don't tell me now, I'm screaming bloody murder inside of this limo, which will attract attention that you will not want." Antonio put his elbows on his knees as he leaned forward, his chin resting on his interlocked knuckles. He stared at me intensly, almost daring me. Then I lifted my right eyebrow as to say 'try me.'

He must be out of his mind if he thinks I'm going to crack. I've won so many of these games with Dom.

He sighs when he realizes that he's lost. Antonio leans back and folds his arms.

"If you really want to know, Fernando and I the two most important people in the Italian mafia. We weren't supposed to come to France with you girls," He says. My mouth is wide when I hear the word 'mafia.'

"Yes," Fernando adds. "We were supposed to meet some really bad people in Italy, but since the deadline was this morning, and we're not even in that country, those people are very, very angry." It was Antonio's turn to speak again.

"And much like the Terranova family, my family, they have eyes all over the Europe and North America. There's a possibility that they saw us take you in New Jersey, and they will come after you two if it means they can have leverage on us. If we didn't kidnap you again today, it would have been someone else."

Holy shit!!!

I looked back and forth between Fernando and Antonio. What the hell have these assholes gotten us in to. Not only did they kidnap Dom and I and transported us both across the world, but we are also officially involved in a mob fued because of them.

"You asses!!" I scream, but there was Fernando shushing me with wide eyes and outstretched arms, pointing at a still sleeping Dom. "She has to hear this, too." I go to wake her up, but Fernando grabs my wrist. I turn my head to look at him like he has lost his mind for touching me. He immediately removes his hands, but speaks.

"Please, Phadra," he pleads with sad, brown eyes. "Let me tell her when she wakes up. She deserves to hear it from me." He frowns as his eyes rest on the side of Dom's face. I look at her then back at him.

"You really want her, don't you?" I ask him, and he sighs with his eyes now to the floor of the limo.

"I have never looked at a woman the way I look at Dom since the day my wife was killed," he expresses sorrowfully. The firey anger in my eyes diffuses and my heart kind of cramps.

Damn.

I move my hand from Dom and nod at him. He quietly thanks me. Then I look at Antonio, whose head is lowered also, but I softly kick his foot to get his attention. He looks at me with cold face.

"This isn't over. I have so many questions." He nods understandingly.

"And I'll answer them all in Italy. We are on our way to my jet now." My eyebrows furrow.

"And my mother?"

"I called out to have her flown out a little earlier after we retrieved you two." I nodded.

"Okay."