Beam

I started going for photography classes to impress this senior who was damn cute and pretty. She was truly a stunner and I was telling the boys, if I wanted to date, she fits the bill.

But she barely paid interest to anything or anyone except for her photography and I was like stunned. So the only way to capture her attention was through these classes.

Only problem, no one ever told me how hard these classes were or how good she was at them. I was truly lost and boggled over the terms they used in class and I was a med student for heaven sake! Clearly, my intelligence in med isn't of use in this class.

"So class, you need to pick 1 subject you wish to photograph for a series of shots and present it as a compilation with an underlying story."

I snapped back to reality as everyone started getting excited. I thought it will be a good opportunity to ask her to be my subject, nail the assignment with her help and hopefully ask her out.

I walked towards her only to hear her on the phone, "so baby, be my subject ok? I been dying to photograph you!"

I stood there for a minute and turned away. Shit. She was calling someone else baby! What the fuck?! Woman was attached already?!?! I groaned inwardly, I couldn't skip this class as it was an elective so I had to see it through but my only source of motivation was no more my motivation.

Fuck my life. I stared despondently at my camera as I left the room. Just then I bumped into Yo.

"P! Where are you going? You ok?"

"Hey Yo, yeah I am. I think. I got an assignment for photography classes and I need a subject."

"Oooooo why not ask P Nak? You did join for her, didn't you?"

"She's seeing someone Yo. I just found out..."

"OH no P! I'm sorry to hear that. Why not ask P Pha or P Kit?"

"Na, Pha is too busy with the upcoming Moon activities and Kit doesn't like all these. He will kill me. I could ask Forth but Ming will kill me and Park? Don't bother."

Yo laughed. Just then he looked at me, "if you don't mind P Beam, I can be your subject. Just tell me how you need me to pose?"

I brightened up immediately at that! YO, WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT?!? Yo was a good choice. He was photogenic, cute, plus such a nice friend and I would do well and he knew photography relatively well!

Seeing my cheery grin, Yo broke out into one of his own. I slung my hand over him as I started chattering away about the assignment and having one nong look at me adoringly.