Beam

I glanced at the most recent shot I took of Yo. It was really very sweet; it was a mix of his worry together with sweet relief looking at me.

Maybe my photos didn't have to depict love, in the conventional kind. They could still depict love, love for a friend right? Rather than one subject, I decided to focus on various friends showing their love for me. But using my big camera meant I couldn't catch them naturally. So I decided to use my iPhone for the photos instead. I could always edit using the software I been taught.

I started snapping photos of my friends when they interacted with me. I also kept snapping photos of Yo. On Thursday night, I was busy looking through the photos, picking out the best ones and editing them when Pha came by.

"Hey, what you doing?"

"It's for this elective, the photography assignment."

"I see. What's it about?"

"I have to take a series of photos with an underlying meaning/story."

"Nice. Well looks like you have 2 sets of photos. So you plan to tell 2 stories or still deciding on one?"

I looked at Pha curiously. Was I missing something or did he not have any eye for photos?

"What do you mean?"

"Well these ones look like your friends. And these ones here look like your lover. I assume you got Yo to act the part? Well he's cute, I didn't realize he can act that well. He really portrays the "love" feeling well."

I stared at his photos for a long time, letting Pha's words wash over me. Pha chatted for a while and then he left to meet Lam. I looked at both sets of photos again. Well the ones with Pha, Kit, Forth, Lam, Park etc was obvious.

But when I looked at the ones with Yo, it didn't hit me then when I was taking it but now I see it. They looked softer, Yo's eyes always shone when he saw me. He smiled that sweet endearing one when he saw me. He often went out of his way to make sure I was comfortable. In the few photos he was frowning or crinkling his eyebrows, I instantly knew why. It was because he had caught me on a moody day. The few times he was caught laughing out loud was when the boys annoyed me and I was low key ranting.

I looked at his photos again and again. Why did they seem different or was I jsut reading too much into it?

I decided to pay more attention to Yo when I took his photos the next few days. The next day, I was at class when my phone beeped. During break, I took it out to see that Yo said he ended around the same time and would like to have lunch with me to celebrate his recent good grades. I smiled when he invited me for gyudon, knowing I love it. It was his treat but my favorite food.

"P Nak texted you?"

I turned to look at Kit who was whispering.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because you instantly smiled that goofy love sick smile."

I blushed immediately. Kit gasped softly seeing me blush. He chuckled but turned back to his books. I turned my attention back to the phone, knowing it wasn't P Nak who had made me smile like that but rather it was Yo.

This was just odd. Very very odd.