Beam

We were having lunch when this lady walked past, she accidentally tripped and split her soup on me!

Fuck my life. It was super hot! I had to bite my tongue from making a fuss, yelling or cursing in pain but it caused quite a burn. But Yo jumped up, hurriedly but calmly administered first aid and tried to soothe my pain. The lady was very apologetic. I forgave her though in my mind, I had prolly shot her a few times but accidents do happen.

We left the cafe soon after, leaving our lunch half way, having lost the appetite. Yo held onto my wrist and fanned it as we walked back. He brought me back to my dorm, I took some painkillers for the pain and decided to rest. He told me to rest and would come back to check on me. I held onto his hand and asked him if he would stay.

He nodded and asked me to nap. The painkillers worked its magic, I fell into a deep sleep, pain numbed by the medicine.

I stirred about 2 hours later, and found the room empty. I thought Yo had left but I heard voices coming from the kitchen. I walked over slowly and I heard Yo on the phone with Ming.

"He was in alot of pain Ming! It really hurt so badly. To be honest, I was very upset but I know it was an accident. But still, the lady. Ugh. P was being so brave but I saw how it swelled up. It took me alot not to cry or fuss over him so much or else he be so weirded out by me."

I believed Ming spoke as there was silence on Yo's part. I took out my phone as I silently clicked the worried expression on Yo's face.

"Tell him what? He's a friend to me Ming. Don't be silly. No, I don't..  I think you are reading too much into it.. what?! Lovee him!?... noo..."

Yo faltered. But his falter didn't seem liek shock, rather it seemed like denial. I walked away back to the bed, pondering over what I had learnt.

I sat down, looking at the numerous photos of Yo I had taken. In every single one, I noticed one thing. Every photo always had me in his reflection minus for the most recent few. Every single one of his expressions was meant for me. I was consumed by this and didn't hear him walking back.

"P, you are awake? Are you ok?"

"Hey Yo, I am."

'Do you want anything? Hungry? Should I get you something?"

Thats when I decided to tell the biggest bunch of lies in order to hear 1 truth.

"No need Yo. Nak just texted me. I told her what happened. She wants to come over to see me. She's seriously way too kind and nice. She is bringing food too."

"OH..  okays. Sure.. I guess I get going. So I wouldn't interrupt you two."

"OK, sure Yo."

Yo's eyes widened a bit but I got to give it to him. He held it in and started gathering his things. He took his bag, finally turned to waii to me and walked towards the door. I got up and pulled his wrist. He didn't turn but just stuttered for me to let go.

"I will, once you can tell me what's the difference between these sets of photos."

Yo turned around hesitantly, confused.

I pulled him over to my laptop and switched it on. I showed him the photos from the other day. He studied them for a bit, then I saw his facial expression change. But when he turned to me, he said something else and I very nearly murdered him!

"Different people P Beam."

"Yo, you are a photographer. You got an eye for this. Are you really telling me that's the only difference you can see?!"

Yo nodded. He tried pulling away from my grasp, succeeded and started walking towards the door.

"You know what I see? Same situation, different people. Different emotions. One shows friendship. One shows love. And the one that shows love is the one walking away from me. Damn it Yo."

I yelled in frustration. Yo stopped but didn't turn. I just sent him via message the latest photos I took. He took a look at them through his phone. But he didn't turn still.

"I lied about Nak. I'm sorry."

He still didn't turn.

"I..."

Before I could say anything, Yo left the room. I was stunned. I just watched him go.

Leaving my heart and mind in a whirl.