Ch 1

(Dante's Pov)

Dancing to the beat pulsing from the speaker hooked to my phone I pull some difficult moves and tricks to entertain my small audience. As the song comes to an end I do one last flip stumbling a little on the landing but make it and grin to the crowd giving a cheerful thank you and a bow. As the crowd starts to disperse I adjust my small hot pink tank top with a black claw mark design on it and small black exercise shorts that stop mid thigh before I kneel down to look in my bucket grabbing all the money out of it and put it away. I then grab my phone and speaker putting it away in my backpack then start heading to my apartment. As I turn a corner I pause when I see a bunch of older guys crowding around the alleyway where I have to go. Taking a deep breath I walk forward and try to go around them only to cringe when one of the guys calls out. "Well if it isn't the pretty little dancer from the park." Next thing I know I'm being grabbed and spun around I immediately starting to shake when I notice I'm surrounded anxiously messing with my pink choker with a metal heart in front. "Please just let me go." They look at each other in amusement before the leader smirks down at me. "I don't think so pretty omega. In fact I think we want to play." As the leader goes to grab me I duck underneath his arm and start to run to the front of the alley. Hearing footsteps behind me I pick up my pace quickly turning a corner only to slam straight into someone's chest making me yelp in surprise. Just as I'm about to fall over a pair of strong hands gently steady me. Looking up I blink when I see a young alpha in a mask and cap looking down at me his scent of eucalyptus hitting me hard the word mate in the back of my mind only for me to quickly snap out of it looking terrified when I hear the group of men getting closer. Whimpering in fear I look up at the guy in front of me pleadingly. "Please help me! Those guys behind me want to hurt me." Before the guy can say anything the group of men approach us the leader having a smirk on his face making me whimper. Then suddenly I'm gently pushed behind the alpha I ran into he giving a stern threatening tone you able to smell his anger. "Leave him alone." The older men just laugh. "Yeah sure. But as you can see your outnumbered." Suddenly a group of eight other guys also wearing caps and masks start coming our way they surrounding the guy who's protectively holding onto my hand. One of the guys who's really tall looks at the guy in front of me. "Are these guys giving you trouble Chani?" He nods not taking his eyes off the men in front of us I watching in relief and amusement as all five of the nasty alphas back away then start running with their tails tucked in between their legs. Letting out a sigh of relief I look at the guy in front of me who was called Chani and give him an appreciative look just as I'm guessing the leader of the group who's a beta speaks up. "What was that about?" I turn my attention to the eight other guys and give a polite bow. "I'm sorry those guys were wanting to hurt me and your friend here helped protect me." They all give me concerned looks. "What are you doing out here by yourself so late?" I rub the back of my neck shifting a little. "I was dancing in the park and my roommate and best friend is busy working so I thought I'd walk home alone." They each give each other looks and I check my phone immediately frowning. "I have to get home." The alpha who helped me gently grabs ahold of my arm before I can leave. "Let me walk you home." I look up at him curiously the other guys giving him surprised looks. "You don't have to. I can make it." He shakes his head at me. "I insist. Incase someone else who's dangerous is hanging around." I blink for a minute before smiling appreciatively. "Alright thank you." He nods and looks over at his friends. "I'll meet you guys back at the dorm." He then motions for me to lead the way and I start heading through the alleyway. I can see the guys nose scrunch up a little through his mask he looking down at me in concern. "Do you always have to go this way?" I give him a little nod. "Yep every day. Why?" He gives me a look of disbelief. "Because it's dangerous." I shrug and immediately change the subject. "So your friend said your name is Chani right?" He gives me a little nod. "Yeah. What's your name?" I give a little smile. "I'm Dante nice to meet you." It's quite for a moment before I question curiously. "Why are you wearing a cap and mask?" He pauses before saying cautiously. "Let's just say that it keeps unwanted people away." I slowly nod before tilting my head. "Can you take them off? I wanna see my saviors face." He immediately shakes his head "no." I pout and look at him giving puppy dog eyes my scent of rosemary getting a little stronger than usual. He pauses his eyes flashing red for a second before letting out a sigh and looks around before slowly taking off his cap and mask my heart immediately racing when I see how attractive he is. Swallowing I smile a little. "That's a lot better. Now come on we're almost to my apartment." He nods and we continue walking chatting happily on the way. Once we make it to my apartment I turn to look at Chani and give an appreciative smile. "Thanks again for saving me." He gives me a smile I immediately melting internally. "Your welcome. You know before I leave maybe I can get your number?" I smile and nod taking his phone when he hands it over typing my number in. I then hand the phone back over and wish him a goodbye as he walks off I heading into my apartment and get washed up thinking back on his intoxicating scent before heading to bed falling asleep.