Ch 4

(Chani's Pov)

It's been about two weeks and I've been focusing on practicing with my members. Just as we finish our practice for the day and start to head out a makeup noona passes by talking with her friend I overhearing. "There's a beta downstairs making a giant scene apparently wanting to see one of the Sf9 members. Said something about her omega friend dying." I immediately freeze in my tracks a gut wrenching feeling hitting me. Swallowing I hear the others call me to the elevator I quickly snapping out of it and get in before the doors close. As we exit the elevators and start to head out front we hear a security guard yelling and soon a young beta girl runs straight in our direction but suddenly stops when she sees us looking through us for a minute before asking in a deadly tone "which one of you is Chani?" The other members move to stand in front of me protectively Zuho giving her a wary glare. "Why do you wanna know?" She glares and looks between the members before her gaze settles on me. "Your an asshole and a major knotless jerk for rejecting your mate. He's in so much distress and pain that he's literally dying from heartbreak because you won't accept or acknowledge him." I immediately frown and feel the others gazes on me Taeyang giving me a shocked look. "Is this true Chani? You haven't even spoken to him other than meeting him?" I rub the back of my neck guiltily. "I was meaning to I just was nervous and a little scared." Taeyang gives me a look of  disappointment. "Chani omegas can be sensitive and you rejecting your mate can kill them." The girl speaks up "it IS killing him." Immediately feeling bad and guilty I step forward. "Where is he?" She gives me a wary look. "If I take you to him you can't mess with his emotions or I won't hesitate to make sure you never have pups." We all wince and I shakily nod she giving a firm nod back then motions for me to follow her. Taeyang hands me a cap and mask I quickly putting them on before following the girl to the apartment I walked Dante to the first time we met. She opens the door to let me in and gives me a look. "I'm going to stay the next few nights somewhere else. Make sure he eats something and rests." I nod thanking her then head into the apartment immediately wrinkling my nose at the sickly smell. I then walk over to the room with the door closed and knock gently I hearing a weak voice on the other end that makes my heart break. "Go away Kira." I reach for the doorknob and twist it carefully opening the door and step in I seeing Dante sit up and throw a pillow in my direction it not even reaching my feet. "I said go away!" Suddenly he freezes when he sees me I giving him a small sheepish smile. "Um hi." He stays sitting there for a minute before he scrambles out of bed and rushes over pulling me into a hug and nuzzles against my chest before I can even react. I cautiously wrap my arms around him frowning when I feel how skinny he is now able to feel his ribs. It's then that I hear sniffling and look down frowning when I see he's crying he weakly hitting my chest. "Why are you here?" I reach up gently wiping away his tears with my thumbs. "Your roommate came to find me and snapped some sense into me. I'm sorry for not being here for you sooner." He sniffles again and lowers his head pitifully. "You don't want me. Your only here because I'm sick." I immediately panic when he starts crying again. "No that's not true! I do want you! I was just nervous and scared about having a mate but I was stupid and I promise I'll be here for you no matter what now." He stays quiet for a moment before nuzzling into me again I then hearing his stomach growl making me frown. "When was the last time you ate?" He stays quiet and I gently lift his head up giving him a slightly stern look. "Dante when was the last time you ate?" His lip trembles and he mutters out a "two weeks ago alpha." I immediately feel guilty. "How about I order something for us to eat and we lay down in your nest?" He gives a pitiful nod burying his face in my chest mumbling out a "yes please." I nod then go to pull away when he suddenly panics grabbing onto me tighter. "No don't leave!" I smile reassuringly at him. "I'm not leaving I'm just getting my phone." He gives me a wary look but lets go I grabbing my phone from my pocket and call a takeout place ordering food for both of us. Once I'm finished Dante drags me to his nest and climbs in giving me an expectant look. I take off my shoes and get in beside him laying down he snuggling into my side and clings to me I smiling a little softly.