Eligibility and Rules

UPDATED NOTE: Based on a couple of comments, apparently Step 1 in the Rules and and Step 9 and 10 in Eligibility were a little unclear to some readers so here is a disclaimer again before you read it all.

You MUST read every page to ensure all elements are followed. This is so that I know you've  checked everything about this awards is for you, especially the timelines. All awards ask for a password as a way to test all elements were read. Do not be surprised if I tell you to read the rules again if you fail to include key components and do not expect me to make a list of all things you did not follow. That list is already here and in the submission form.

Also, if you harass others or me or join others in harrassing me or spamming me because I do not respond to you in a timeline that suits you or because I'm not going into detail to explain all the rules you did not follow in your submission because you didn't read this page thoroughly, then I will reject your story. I do not have to tolerate abuse and do not have to judge a story from someone who harasses others.

Eligibility

1. Your story must focus around Romance in some way. I will be checking this through your tags, cover, and blurb. Your story may be disqualified if it doesn't seem suitable to these awards.

2. You must follow the rules. Going against the rules at any point will see your eligibility revoked.

3. Follow the rules only once submissions open.

4. Your story must have 10 chapters that are of at least 1000 words in length per chapter

5. Your story must be written in English (American, British, Canadian, or Australian or other does not matter).

6. One entry permitted per person. Do not use other accounts to submit other entries. This is to ensure diversity and a range of participants.

7. I am 18+ so mature content or LGBTQIA+ content does not affect me in anyway. However, your content must comply with Wattpad's code of conduct. If your story has mature content and is not rated appropriately, it will be disqualified.

8. If you fail to complete all steps in the rules section, I will let you know. However, if someone submits within that time and follows all the rules, your slot may be given to them.

9. I reserve the right to disqualify a story without reason if I feel uncomfortable in any way with the story or writer.

10. You must not in any way harrass me or other participants during or after the competition. Accept the outcome or who you're competing with and move on.

11. If you make changes to your story during the judging phase, I hold no responsibility for assessing changes and will not re-read your story if I've already done so. You will not be notified either until winners are announced.

12. Be active on Wattpad during the judging period to not miss out on any prizes or messages from me.

Rules

1. Read all the pages before submission.

2. Follow my account (from the account your story is on) for the duration of the awards at the very least. (if you already follow me but are following 100+ accounts, please unfollow and refollow)

3. Give this book a shoutout on your page from the account your story is on and tag me

4. Tag your story with #ThoseRomanceAwards

5. Do not go voting or commenting on my stories for the sake of bribing me. It won't work. Only read my stories if you're interested in them.

6. Add these awards to your public and private libraries (from the account your story is on) to be notified of future updates.

7. Fill in the submission form.

Only complete these rules once submissions are open otherwise your later submission will be deemed as incomplete. (I will not be keeping track of whether you've done the shoutout now when you submit later. All components must be completed in a 24 hour window.)

If any rules or eligibility requirements are unclear, leave a comment and I will clarify or modify this page.